Producer, Digital, Franchise Strategy
Full Time Job
Producer, Comedy Central Stand-Up - Digital, Franchise Strategy
The Producer's main focus is to lead the strategy for Comedy Central Stand-Up series and specials across all digital platforms. Producers should be comfortable working collaboratively within a matrixed organization.
Candidates should have experience developing smart and engaging digital content plans for linear and digital series across social, mobile and desktop, with an eye towards the convergence of these platforms, along with extensive knowledge of stand-up comedy and a background in social community management, engagement and growth. The ideal candidate can conceive innovative year-round strategies that live collaboratively across video, social and interactive mediums and articulate their vision to senior leadership and executives.
This position is based at the Comedy Central headquarters and will work closely with the Comedy Central Digital, Franchise Strategy team as well as collaborate with Comedy Central's On-Air Producers, Development, Editorial, Brand Social, Design, Digital Production, Marketing and Ad Sales.
• Lead the creative execution of digital content, strategy and production for Comedy Central Stand-Up series and specials
• Support VP of Franchise Strategy on long-term growth and strategy
• Delegate digital production related tasks for all Comedy Central Stand-Up social platforms
• Drive audience engagement, video views and growth year-round
• Work with broader team to refine social content strategy from week-to-week
• Build macros and GIFs from show content daily
• Innovate process of encoding audio and video clips for presentation online and serve as point person for flow of assets and requests to the encoding group
• Supporting the brand and marketing goals for series as determined by Marketing
• Lead production process for series and specials as directed
• Work with Project Managers to ensure that process, workflow, documentation, and tools are upheld and/or improved to department standards
• Ensuring that all rights and clearances are accurately pursued and secured
• Working with Research to identify and track analytics
• Developing ways to increase video views on social and optimize advertising revenue wherever possible
• 4-5 years of digital producing experience at a major commercial media, entertainment or creative brand or interactive agency
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Advanced knowledge of Photoshop and Adobe Premiere
• Working knowledge and understanding of digital technologies, including HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, etc.
• Experience in multiplatform content extensions and original content production
• Experience developing experiences that drive engagement in social media
• Intimate familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
• Strong knowledge of stand-up comedy, internet culture, trends and storytelling