Principal Product Manager
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
The Video Technology Group develops industry-leading online and mobile video delivery systems and IP for Paramount , CBSSports.com, CBS News, Viacom and more. Our team is responsible for the delivery of premium content to millions of people every day! We set company-wide video standards and help internal business units integrate the video delivery stack into their specific online products. Additionally, the team serves as the company's information resource on current and future trends in digital video. This is a great remote opportunity for someone who is interested in doing high-visibility, mission-critical work!
As the Principal Product Manager, you will act as a product owner for the central Video Technology group. The role includes supporting the full range of digital video delivery, including content management systems, backend publishing workflows, front-end video player/playback experience and feed distribution to branded apps on a variety of platforms including iOS, Android, Roku and Apple TV. You will need to make prioritization decisions to determine what engineering tasks are worked on, based on a range of inputs. You will also be responsible for creating presentation materials to communicate products to both internal audiences and external customers, including the building and maintaining of a yearly road map of project goals for the group.
This position will require a person who is skilled in performing technical and platform due-diligence to identify vendors and technology solutions for all products. Collaboration with other teams across ViacomCBS will be essential to ensure video tech products mesh well with other internal systems and content creator workflows. In this position, you'll be working with video tech QA coordinators to design test cases, make sure products are tested in time for scheduled releases. Does this sound like you?
• Work with team engineers to make sure they are clearly tasked and on schedule
• Meeting with product managers from customer teams to work through requirements and release schedules.
• Coordinating with stakeholders and leaders across central teams on joint project plans.
• Meeting with potential and existing vendors to evaluate their product offerings.
• Working with the Video Tech team lead to build-out long-term roadmaps for our products.
• Bringing a MultiCDN strategy to ViacomCBS Business Units
• Help Move the ViacomCBS Video Infrastructure technology stack to the cloud
• Guide our customers to adopt best practices around auto-playing videos on the browser
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 5 years proven experience with online video, in a product or engineering function
• Knowledge of mobile platforms, OTT devices, and insight into emerging trends around video
• Experience presenting and communicating with senior executives and external partners
• Ability to problem solve quickly and generate flexible, creative solutions
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once in a high pressure environment with strong attention to detail
You might also have:
• Knowledge of The Platform CMS or similar Enterprise Video Content Management Systems
• Familiarity with Dart For Publishers or similar ad serving platforms
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (listening, oral, written, presentation) skills