NOC Coordinator - Streaming
This was removed by the employer on 10/18/2021 7:00:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for NOC Coordinator - Streaming jobs in Hauppauge-NY
Search all NOC Coordinator - Streaming postings
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Coordinator to join the NOC Operations team! The Coordinator is responsible for maintaining broadcast network integrity via daily monitoring procedures/channel restoration, where applicable, and channel schedule timing for all Viacom linear networks/streaming feeds. You would also be involved in live/high profile tent pole event assistance, break/lunch coverage and special projects as needed.
• Support all facets of Operations as well as Supervisors and Managers.
• L1/L2 Monitoring and restoration of 350 ViacomCBS linear Broadcast Channels and DTC/OTT streams (Showtime, CBS Sports Network, MTV, BET, Nickelodeon, Paramount , PlutoTV)
• Monitor on-premise and cloud-based playout systems, audio & video Levels, channel distribution paths, via CDN, DTC/OTT and Satellite.
• L1 monitoring and improvement of ancillary systems; cloud, networking, facilities systems, uplink etc.
• Review exception-based monitoring tools to flag potential scheduling concerns, missing content, missing graphics before airing as well as day part timings.
• Monitoring of various branding initiatives (social/interactive) as scheduled by the networks.
• Utilize exception-based monitoring systems/tools (i.e. Dataminer, Solarwinds, New Relic, Orion, Weather Tap, Service Now, Slack, Status Page, Send Word Now) to detect problems and respond appropriately.
• Monitoring of syndication feeds to ViacomCBS affiliates.
• Provide operational support during Live/Tent Pole and streaming events (Showtime Boxing, Bellator, VMA's, KCA's EMA's, BET Awards, CMT Awards)
• QC various Multiplatform streams/devices to ensure ViacomCBS digital properties are operational.
• Complete daily Operational checklists.
• QA testing of various software releases as well as new technology platforms.
• Assist Supervisors with the management of major incidents.
• Partner with peers at Disaster Recovery facility to maintain Business Continuity Operations.
• Participate in scheduled training modules to maintain channel procedures and operational guidelines.
• Aide in creation of Standard Operating Procedures
• Assist with High Profile process.
• Attend meetings as necessary.
• Assist in training and mentoring of staff.
• College degree and/or AWS certifications preferred.
• At least 3 years working in the broadcast, telecommunications, or IT fields.
• Knowledge of IP or AWS cloud-based technologies.
• Knowledge of various monitoring systems and tools.
• Experience with on premise and cloud-based video playout systems
• Experience with CDN (content delivery networks).
• Knowledge of audio/video measurement equipment.
• Knowledge of video/audio formats, such as NTSC/PAL, PCM and AC3.
• Ability to balance priorities in a fast-paced environment.