Media Manager, Editorial Post-Production Operations
This was removed by the employer on 10/18/2021 11:00:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Media Manager, Editorial Post-Production Operations jobs in Nashville-TN
Search all Media Manager, Editorial Post-Production Operations postings
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
The Editorial Post Production Operations department (EPPO) provides Post Production services for all ViacomCBS Brands that include managing the day-to-day scheduling, operations and media management of the internal post facilities across New York and Nashville, TN, while also working with external vendors for scheduling additional Post Production requests. EPPO collaborates with all facets of the Production Operations and Technologies teams to develop, maintain, and share best practices for post production workflows and to standardize post strategies at ViacomCBS.
The Media Manager role requires an individual that is technically minded and proficient in building media workflows for post production teams. These workflows include ingest, organization, transcoding, transforming and delivering media assets for short and long form video content for distribution to broadcast, social, and multiplatform streaming outlets. This role is based out of the Nashville, TN office.
• Works closely with clients and the EPPO media management team to handle media across multiple storage platforms including AVID Nexis, Isilon, and AWS Cloud.
• Ingests, transcodes, transfers and archives various types of media in a post production environment.
• Customer service minded to troubleshoot technical issues that arise in day-to-day operations related to media assets, edit systems, workflows, and software.
• Documents and raises technical issues to IT and technology teams to provide solutions.
• Creates, modifies, or improves media workflows based on project need.
• Researches new and emerging technologies to help make equipment and software recommendations that will improve or create more efficient and automated workflows.
• Provides clear and up-to-date documentation of workflows and solutions.
• Makes quality control assessments of source media and final deliverable assets.
• Trains media coordinators, editors, clients, and other team members on new developments and standard methodologies.
• Maintains the highest standards of personal conduct and demonstrates clear communication skills with other employees.
• Provides coverage when other media team members are out of office.
• Be able to work in a hybrid work model that can alternate between working in-office or working remotely as needed.
• College Degree BA/BS or equivalent work experience preferred.
• 5 years minimum experience required in production, post-production or media management field.
• Must have experienced understanding of digital media file formats, codecs, resolutions, frame rates, bit rates, timecode and transcoding processes.
• Must have a detailed understanding of Avid Software including Media Composer and Media Central Production Management (Interplay), and must stay up to date on advances in Avid Video Editing and Media Central software.
• Must have basic working knowledge of Black Magic Resolve and Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere Pro and Media Encoder.
• Must have strong working knowledge to interchange Resolve and Premiere projects with Avid Media Composer projects.
• Must have a general understanding of Telestream Products.
• Must have a working knowledge of general broadcast television engineering principles and techniques, with a strong knowledge of waveform/vector and audio scopes.
• Must possess detailed knowledge of post-production processes and workflows including but not limited to content gathering, asset management, automated workflows, ingest, transcode and archiving.
• Must be very organized and able to track multiple assets with different specs and delivery needs.
• Must be detail-oriented, deadline driven, helpful, and adaptable to change.
• Must be an exceptional communicator with all types of management and staff.
• Must be able to work well in a team-oriented atmosphere with staff across multiple regions.
• Must be a self-motivated, proactive, and an independent problem solver.
• Must be able to forecast or anticipate issues and suggest solutions.
• Must have basic familiarity with core office software, such as Word and Excel.
• General knowledge of computer networking principles a plus.