Manager, Vantage Data Solutions
ViacomCBSNew York, CA
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
TV advertising is being reinvented through big data, predictive analytics and other audience segmentation tools that were previously only available in the digital world. Viacom Vantage, Viacom’s data-driven television platform, is at the forefront of this reinvention of TV advertising. We are looking for a highly motivated individual that will make valuable contributions on our team.
In this role, you will need to shepherd clients of various degrees of data sophistication through segment options, segment creation and procurement. To effectively do so you we need to have a deep understanding of the various datasets that exist, how each is collected, the pros and cons of each, and how to append them to a national TV ratings source.
Overview and Responsibilities:
• Own technical pre-sales for Vantage audience-based linear and multi-platform deals, providing high-level data and product expertise on data sets, OpenAP, KPI and optimization strategies, benchmarking and analytics
• Manage multiple Vantage clients through pre-sales, activation and post-campaign analysis, providing timely and accurate information/feedback on all data-related questions
• Monitor and maintain current and future clients’ segments to ensure ongoing fidelity and accuracy, including working with data vendors and viewership providers to ensure segments are accurately maintained and measured
• Lead engagements with OpenAP and OpenAP partners to activate cross-publisher segments and communicate OpenAP posting data
• Continue to identify new data vendors and provide informed POV on their offerings/value.
• Build and present bespoke campaign reporting to sales and client partners that highlights value Vantage provided client
• Deep understanding of industry and marketplace dynamics in traditional and advanced television
• Deep knowledge of big data, how it is sourced, where it is housed, and the differences between the major and minor providers in the marketplace
• Technical proficiency and experience building and activating targeted media campaigns in digital, addressable, programmatic and television advertising
• Experience in designing and/ or supporting analytics and measurement systems for media, including underlying data collection, aggregation and presentation
• Understanding of advertising and agency ecosystem in television and/ or digital
• Experience presenting complex information in digestible ways to both internal and external audiences
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 4 years of experience in media at an agency, network or ad-tech firm
• Passion for problem-solving and the ability to find answers to difficult questions – the sort of answers that others might struggle to find
• A track record of partnering across a wide-array of internal business groups, agencies, executives, and execution partners
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including experience crafting and leading presentations
• Experience in visual presentation of information and visual communication
• An entrepreneurial approach with a bias for action that is passionate about building businesses within a fast-paced environment, while changing the way partners perceive our brand and our product
• SQL experience a plus
Viacom has a clear vision: to be the premier destination where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our global audiences, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world. At Viacom, you will have the opportunity to develop your professional career at the home of iconic brands like BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount and others.