Manager, Tax Incentives
ViacomCBSStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
This position is an integral part of the Corporate Tax Incentives Team. This team sees opportunities for savings and works collaboratively with the corporate tax group, production finance teams, as well as government relations, finance, legal, business affairs, and accounting. There is frequent interaction with government representatives when discussing and negotiating government-based incentives.
This individual will primarily support the Vice Presidents with research projects, handle information requests, and take the lead in the tax department for maintaining the data integrity of the company's production incentive database. Support and assistance will also be provided to the Director, Tax Incentives, with document review and audits of the books and records of Canadian productions.
The position is in Los Angeles supporting all business units, including CBS Studios, Paramount Studios and Showtime Studios. Approximately 25% of this position will involve supporting the CBS Veterans Network specifically regarding communications and community engagement.
• Ensure that all tax data points are current and to acquire their updates where necessary.
• Assist the team with maintaining documentary support (residency paperwork, vendor invoices, general ledger excerpts) of Canadian productions.
• Support the team by crafting data requests related to tax incentives that come to the Company from external service providers.
• Serve as the Team's point-of-contact for arranging periodic visits from film commissioners and government finance officials for the purpose of state program incentives discussions.
• Develop Multimedia/PowerPoint presentations and Excel schedules as needed.
• Management of creative activities for the ViacomCBS Veterans Network, including website design and oversight, search engine optimization, and the cross-linking of daily news and blog posts across a wide array of social media channels; lead all aspects of e-mail and creative campaigns as well as veterans' initiatives within the community, as well as other special projects as needed.
• Build ad hoc reports as needed.
• 5 years of general business, large scale data management, or other experience managing/organizing large scale processes
• Hands-on experience in leading social media programs, a focus on Veteran and Military outreach a plus.
• Entertainment industry experience with a particular knowledge of and familiarity with Film and Television production and an understanding of domestic and international production incentive programs and procedure preferred
• Highly skilled in Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, iMovie, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word. Very organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a very deadline-oriented environment
• Ability to work independently and handle confidential information
• Ability to interact effectively with people of all levels of the organization
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written).