Manager, Social Impact
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
Overview & Responsibilities:
The ViacomCBS MTV Entertainment Group Social Impact team is charged with using our superpowers for good! The team develops and handles multi-platform social change initiatives that empower the brands' audiences to affect the biggest challenges facing the nation, including matters of racial justice, civic engagement, mental health and other timely issues. Come join the team!
We are seeking a Social Impact Manager who will focus on our mental health and show integration efforts. In this role you will be working with all departments including marketing, insights, social, digital, series development, production, and communications to advise on groundbreaking show and content integrations and to develop campaigns that drive measurable change. Our ideal candidate would be strategic, creative, innovative, and approach their work with a 'producer' mentality.
The Manager, Social Impact will report directly into the Director, Social Impact and will collaborate with a small, yet mighty team, to generate outsized impact.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Contribute to the development of bold, high impact campaigns and show integrations for MTV, Comedy Central, VH1, CMT, Paramount Network, Logo, Pop TV, Smithsonian, and TV Land
• Consult on all aspects of content production, offering issue-based counsel and ensuring that unscripted shows and content align with messaging best practices and drive positive impact among viewers.
• Develop and pitch creative social impact integrations and work with internal and external development/production partners to execute integrations.
• Project manage the implementation of the team's activations, working closely with internal stakeholders (such as social, digital, creative, marketing, communications, legal, and show teams).
• Maintain and develop relationships with non-profits, entertainment industry peers, issue advocates, talent, and other key partners.
• Engage and mobilize partners to support show integration opportunities and campaign goals.
• Provide training and education to stakeholders involved in the content creation process, including internal show teams and third-party production companies.
• Engage expert partners as needed to develop materials and communicate suggestions.
• Track and communicate the impact of campaign activations and show integrations across MTVE brands.
• Lead research projects and spearhead the creation of pitch decks, creative briefs, and other training materials.
• Handle social impact platforms and products including website CMS and other digital tools.
• Onboard and coordinate technical vendors and creative agencies.
• Lead the day-to-day activities of consultants, project-based employees, and interns, as needed.
• Represent the team in interdepartmental meetings, panel discussions, industry events, and press.
• Help the team to develop the overarching social impact strategy.
• 3-7 years of professional experience, with a focus on media, storytelling, social impact, or cause-related marketing.
• Deep understanding of media and entertainment
• Strong passion for effecting positive social change and understanding of complex social issues.
• Plugged into pop culture, digital youth culture, and prosocial trends.
• Detail-oriented and organized with extraordinary research and written/oral communication skills.
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to rapidly shift between projects and priorities - keeping focus on the intended impact and outcomes.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
• A quick learner who is reliable and willing to pitch in at a moment's notice on a range of tasks.