Manager / Senior Manager, Content Finance Entertainment & Youth
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
Our team is looking for Manager or Senior Manager, Content Finance. This role reports directly to the Director Content Finance and supports the Youth side of Entertainment & Youth brand group (MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, MT2) which directly includes scheduling/acquisitions, HQs and non-amortized programming and indirectly includes development and digital production.
• Collaborate with the business teams and business finance team to prepare monthly outlooks compared to the latest estimate, budget and PY. Communicate outlook results with detailed explanations.
• Maintain the Programming LRP (Long Range Plan) for all brands under the Music group
• Ensure the LRP document is updated based on the latest programming rollout and current EFCs
• Manage the Annual Budget and Quarterly Estimate cycle relating to Original Programming, Acquired Programming and non-amortized programming.
• Review and sign off on Programming quarterly reports
• Partner with Residual team to review quarterly forecasts for all Brands
• Partner with Production Finance on Show Estimate Final Costs true ups. Calculate and communicate financial impacts.
• Oversee management of the programming model (Air dates, Estimated Final Costs). Input changes as necessary driven by scheduling information
• Review pacing for non-amortized with the programming teams, including variances between actuals and forecast.
• Review HQ pacing in total and at a cost center level.
• Project setup and approval for Non-Amortized and Original Programming
• Communicate deadlines and ensure targets are met by operations teams
• Ensure compliance with VMN accounting policies/procedures, GAAP, and SOX requirements
• Field internal and external audit requests as necessary
• Build ad hoc reporting as needed
• 4 years of related experience
• Bachelor's Degree required, a focus in Accounting, Finance or Economics is a plus
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, across all areas of the business.
• Ability to solve problems/be inquisitive, organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.