Manager, Retail Marketing
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This position will be passionate about developing a full range of Omni-channel Marketing programs to support ViacomCBS Consumer Products placement. In this role, you will be the point person for the daily execution of Retail Marketing initiatives at retail including management of some of the organizations biggest accounts, working hand in hand with each level of the Retail Marketing and Sales Team touching ideation, asset development, project management, timelines, meeting notes, organization, and presentation development. In addition to the day to day responsibilities, the role will also be responsible for the teams always on influencer program as well as leaning into key cross-retail initiatives.
• Lead key accounts including Mid-tier (Kohl's), Grocery (Kroger, Meijer), Drug (Walgreens, CVS), Value (Family Dollar) and emerging channels (7-Eleven) through the development of marketing strategies, presentation materials and flawless execution of programs to achieve sales goals.
• Develop and manage relationships with Retail Sales team, Retailer Marketing/merchant teams, key partners and internal partners.
• Lead ''Always On'' Influencer strategy, program development and execution
• Initiate and execute the process of briefing retail creative by working directly with Global Creative Group (GCG) to ensure accurate approval of all marketing materials by internal teams.
• Maintain all marketing communications (i.e. retail calendars & one sheets) and make sure that all materials are distributed internally so that teams are proficient on initiatives.
• Monitor sales data to assess return on investment on marketing activations and provide program recaps to key partners identifying key findings for future campaign development
• Route all 3rd party, influencer, social and retailer creative through all internal departments
• Work with key retail contacts to ensure smooth submission and execution on all marketing requests at account level (i.e., signage, roll-out schedules, etc.)
• Lead outside creative/marketing agencies with any necessary retail pitch presentation development.
• Leaning in on cross-retail campaign execution as required including marketing campaign development and execution across TV, digits, social, press etc.
• Execute all levels of marketing support (i.e. Ecommerce site management, influencer partnerships, social media promotions, retailtainment) by working hand-in-hand with internal/external partners.
• Lead all sample requests, sample delivery and coordination to necessary agencies
• Develop and build Retail Marketing case studies, pitch one sheets, campaign decks etc.
• Lead all aspects of day-to-day and campaign budget management, ensuring that budgets are up to date and tracking against monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts.
• Coordinator management and development (mentoring, training and coaching for career growth within the organization)
• Research and liaise with new technologies and innovative ways to help drive consumer engagement.
• 4 years' experience in licensing, consumer products, marketing or related field.
• Bachelor's degree OR applicable dynamic experience in retail, marketing, creative agency, licensing, consumer products fields may be considered in lieu of education.
• Working knowledge of entertainment industry, familiarity with animation, programming, and/or production processes.
• Social media and technology savvy.
• Excellent creative writing and grammatical skills; copy writing and review skills.
• Keen eye for design and with copy.
• Strong experience with PowerPoint, Keynote, Excel, etc. Photoshop/Illustrator, if possible.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent planning and project management proficiencies.
• Ability to understand financial statements and forecasting.
• Organized with good deadline management.
• An analytical mind: able to provide insightful conclusions and recommendations based on trend data and market research.
• Creative teammate with high energy and a passion for product, entertainment, and marketing!
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and presentations.