Sr Manager, Reporting and Consolidations
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
This newly created position will be an integral part of the Direct-to-Consumer Segment Controllership team, working with all members of the global Controllership team and interacting with all levels of personnel throughout ViacomCBS. This position reports directly to the VP, Controller, Direct to Consumer Segment. The ideal person for this role is one who is technically solid and has great ideas on how to create and drive process to help meet the teams' overall goals.
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Assist with preparation of the consolidated segment level results for the segment Controller to review, mainly using our planning tool TM1
• Working with the divisions to prepare a segment level flux/cause of change analysis for both the P&L and balance sheet
• Segment level P&L and balance sheet complex eliminations.
• Automating and improving the month end close process to ensure that we meet Corporate reporting deadlines
• Act as the primary point of contact for all inquiries related to the Segment
• Assist with transition and efficiency plans on building out the new Core Controllership functions
• Participate in pertinent new GL system implementation meetings with our consultants
• 5 years related work experience
• Bachelor's Degree required
• CPA required
• Experience in consolidations and eliminations a strong plus
• Ability to understand complex accounting issues and troubleshoot
• Energetic self-starter with strong organizational skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Diligent; ability to prioritize and work within a deadline-oriented environment
• Ability to work both independently as well as in a team atmosphere
• Strong Excel skills including pivot tables and complex formulas
• Prior TM1 experience a plus