Manager, Post Production
This was removed by the employer on 10/4/2021 6:00:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Post Production jobs in Hollywood-CA
Search all Manager, Post Production postings
Full Time Job
You will support current and future network post production operations (NPPO) for Viacom long-form deliveries while serving as a liaison/translator between all lines of business that use long-form content. Facilitates timely delivery of content with ample time to air to allow for appropriate promotion by internal creative teams and meet global broadcast and multiplatform distribution needs. Leads episode delivery for all original & acquisition programming. Implements efficiencies across Viacom networks to streamline the episode delivery process across brands and prepare for future technologies. You will dedicatedly communicate and disseminate production guidelines requirements to production teams.
• Maintain active and open lines of communication with current series production, U.S. programming, media operations and global content ops for all Viacom brands.
• You will lead post production kickoff calls with teams delivering to the networks, providing them with an overview of Viacom's delivery standards, and distributing subsequent email recaps.
• Coordinate with Viacom Media Operations, Content Operations, Programming, International multiplatform and the show post team to ensure deep understanding of guidelines and ensure smooth delivery of new assets.
• Vet production calendars to ensure that delivery dates meet the needs of all distribution outlets.
• Actively seek opportunities to increase efficiency in delivery, streamlining of processes and new workflows.
• Implement standard methodologies for new series & season onboarding protocol, including creation & maintenance of long-form episode intake form and follow-up processes.
• Ensure proper file specifications are followed and that content adheres network formatting specifications, as well as Viacom legal and standards policies.
• Communicate with production staff when episodes fail QC & effectively explain the errors and redelivery processes.
• Build and maintain relationships with both internal and external production teams, Viacom tech and support teams, and programming teams.
• Handle creation of new records for all series, episodes and versions being delivered in ShowMGR. Maintain accurate database of all deliverables across properties.
• Track all long-form deliveries in ShowMGR for broadcast and digital distribution including current series, acquisitions, and movies from series kickoff to completion.
• Conduct monthly meetings with programming & acquisitions teams to stay abreast of upcoming deliveries and maintain knowledge of deals being worked out for future properties.
• You will administrate and Media Manage MediaSilo/SHIFT to ensure productions have access and understand how to upload review and approval cuts correctly, in addition to troubleshooting MediaSilo workflow issues to facilitate constituent's needs.
• You will identify and implement efficiencies in episode delivery workflows and processes.
• Build weekly and bi-monthly reports for teams across Viacom detailing recent & upcoming deliveries to the library.
• Perform as the Lead Coordinator of Network Post Production Operations.
• Additional duties as assigned by the Vice President.
• Distribution of delivery guidelines for delivery and technical specifics for episodes.
• Serve as a problem solver in long-form delivery process, and an intermediary between programming, encoding teams and productions to troubleshoot any and all issues that arise.
• Stay up to date on the latest production technologies to best facilitate future episode delivery.
• Prepare for emerging technologies in workflows and their eventual incorporation into delivery processes.
• Maintenance of Viacom library taxonomy and application to assets upon delivery.
• Lead source material delivery in conjunction with Viacom Library Services.
• Oversee media distribution, media asset management and metadata creation for new acquisitions.
• Maintenance and distribution of long-form delivery schedules.
• Regular updates to ShowMGR system for episode deliverable tracking.
• Provide detailed delivery reports to productions groups including production managers, producers, associate producers and production assistants.
• Communicate with teams for timely & correct delivery of assets, notify and maintain communication with appropriate Viacom supply chain support teams.
• Strong problem solving, interpersonal, and teamwork skills. Maintain diplomatic relationships across teams, productions and companies during episode delivery & during the delivery process
• Dependable and detail oriented
• Ability to adapt to a continuously changing technological environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to perform well within strict deadlines and challenging priorities
• Ability to prioritize effectively, and be pro-active/forward thinking.
• Understanding of production/post workflows and file specs. Knowledge of 4K/UHD workflows a plus
• Basic understanding of web application development/troubleshooting
• 10-15 years TV production experience
• Proficient with the following computer and web programs:
• VMS Web and ALIAS Client Apps
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Media Silo/SHIFT
• Signiant Media Exchange or Media Shuttle
Join our team!