Manager, Human Resources - Corporate
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview & Responsibilities:
ViacomCBS is seeking a Manager, Human Resources to serve as a business partner to ViacomCBS Corporate functions. The position is based in New York City and reports to two Vice Presidents of Human Resources. This position is responsible for implementing HR solutions within the Corporate functions to directly impact business issues and improve business performance.
The HR Manager will have a significant amount of discretion and accountability when working with the client group on day-to-day operations. You will partner with the VP's of Human Resources on long range strategic decisions, new programs, and finding solutions to complex situations. The HR team will also collaborate with centers of excellence that sit within the Corporate HR function. The HR COEs provide a broad range of HR mentorship for achieving business objectives that include talent management, organizational effectiveness, leadership development, change management, diversity and inclusion, employee relations, compensation, and recruitment.
• Use global perspective to partner with Department Heads of assigned groups to orchestrate issues related to organizational re-structure (i.e., optimal org structure, selection of impacted staff, change management, talent evaluation and retention, etc.).
• Work with client groups as needed to ensure robust and effective goal setting and Performance Development process is conducted on a timely basis.
• Client support and coaching: Advise people leaders on topics that include organization structure, leadership effectiveness, team dynamics and talent planning. Build and implement programs to raise the performance of people leaders and individual contributors.
• Provide coaching from entry level employees to EVPs across the organization.
• Provide counsel to Dept. Heads, managers, and employees on all employee relations matters; determine underlying issues, brainstorm on solutions; document process and follow up as needed
• Work with the law department and labor relations on matters involving employees
• Advise management in appropriate resolution of complex or sensitive employee relations
• Ensure employees feel connected to the organization. Support mission and core values in ways that support business objectives. Ensure programs support the culture for the business unit and partner with assigned client leaders to execute on business unit specific programs
• Identify, recommend, and coordinate individual and group training as needed
• Partner with Learning and Development to recommend methodology for individual and organizational development
• Understand client group's staffing needs and partner with Talent Acquisition to ensure a diverse slate of qualified candidates are being sourced and referred to department in timely manner
• Lead the critical hire process for client groups and provide necessary documentation for position approval
• Run the exit interview processes; figure out any trends and take a proactive approach to resolve future issues
• Work with clients to update job descriptions as needed. Partner with Compensation Department on job evaluation, promotions, salary adjustments, new positions, etc.
• Ensure communication flow of compensation related issues is delivered timely and appropriately to people leaders
• Ad hoc reports and analysis in the areas of headcount, turnover and org charts as needed
• 3 years of relevant work experience as an HR Business Partner
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Media experience a plus
• Strong knowledge of employment laws and sound HR principles
• Effective business partner with ability to influence senior management and drive organizational effectiveness
• Shown ability to deliver client focused HR solutions to business problems
• Strategic thinker with the ability to tactically translate ideas to workable solutions
• Proven ability to deliver operational excellence and strong time management skills to multitask in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Proven good judgment and ability to work autonomously or as part of high functioning team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High level of interpersonal and diplomacy skills