Manager Global Sourcing
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Position: Manager - Global Sourcing
include project management, contract negotiation, leading of competitive bidding processes and supplier management in support of enterprise-wide needs. Spend categories may include Consulting, Finance, Contingent Labor, Payroll, Professional Services, Logistics, G&A, Finance, Engineering, Operations, and Facilities!
Expected results include, development and execution of project management events related to cost savings and process improvement, outstanding internal customer service, and execution to goals.
The Manager work across all ViacomCBS Divisions, interacting regularly with executives at both the Corporate and Divisional level. This position provides an opportunity to work on projects in both traditional and non-traditional spend categories.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead development and execution of spend category project management strategies to drive cost savings and efficiencies.
• Proactively find opportunities to adjust processes and spending patterns for efficiencies and cost savings, engages the appropriate stake holders in the process.
• Lead cross-functional teams in performing competitive events (RFPs, auctions, etc.) in support of category strategies.
• Use e-Business tools, such as spend analysis, supplier intelligence, bid/auction event management and others in support of spend category management strategies.
• Develops resource plans to ensure appropriate resources throughout each project.
• Manage detailed negotiations and relationships with suppliers, in collaboration with Division management, legal and other stakeholders.
• Recommends new sourcing strategies, process improvements and supplier relationship structures for the enterprise.
• Develop and execute implementation plans for support of programs with new suppliers.
• Manage ongoing quality improvement, including score carding of suppliers, ongoing reviews with internal Corporate and Division customers, and staying abreast of market trends, supplier intelligence and other relevant information.
• Ongoing communication with ViacomCBS Executive Management regarding project status.
• Drive standardization of purchasing methodologies, processes, and procedures.
• Contribute to enterprise commitment to diversity and sustainability through consideration of these key areas during supplier selection and negotiation, as well as in ongoing supplier relationships.
• Bachelor's degree required; business or operational background preferred; MBA a plus.
• 4 years' experience and proven proficiency managing major spend categories in a large scale environment.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
• Strong analytical, business process analysis and problem solving capabilities
• Superior knowledge of the entire sourcing process within large, six to seven-figure budgets and spend management systems
• Skilled with technology based systems including spend analytics and eProcurement tools
• Track record of contributing to evolution of supply chain processes, and/or continuous improvement of strategic sourcing and category management programs
• Strong business / financial acumen and ethics
• Ability to develop detailed work breakdown structures
• Proven negotiation and contract management skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
• Strong understanding of business and legal terms & conditions
• Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and project management skills
• Continuous Improvement or Six Sigma methodology experience a plus
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically
• Ability to interpret specifications and use sound judgment to make business decisions
• Talent for building cross-functional relationships and teams
• Effective time management and organizational skills
• Experience in multiple business sectors/spend categories
• High motivation and results-oriented work ethic
• Must frequently discuss and negotiate with outside vendors, as well as serve as liaison and ViacomCBS representative between various ViacomCBS departments and vendors.
• Has frequent contact with many departments within ViacomCBS.
• Often requires tact and ability to influence or persuade others.
• Moderately-complex work. Must work within established ViacomCBS purchasing policy. Must exercise sound judgment in interacting with internal customers and external suppliers