Manager, Global Publishing
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS Consumer Products (VNCP) license and develop product across our successful portfolio of ViacomCBS brands including PAW Patrol, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, SpongeBob SquarePants, Star Trek, Paramount and many more.
The Manager of Global Publishing will join the growing publishing arm of VNCP. We work with major publishers across the world, developing books, magazines, collectibles and part works. This role will provide sales support to the VP of Global Publishing, negotiating contracts and primary liaison with eBook and audio vendors and aggregators in digital publishing. In addition, working with senior management to achieve the larger goals for the Nickelodeon brands and ViacomCBS goals.
The Manager will also support the Sr Sales Manager, Global Publishing on specific accounts across the US and LATAM by growing the publishing business through licensing sales of the Nickelodeon/ViacomCBS properties to publishers in the USA, leading the day to day retail marketing with our internal retail marketing and social media teams to incorporate books into our broader CP retail and marketing initiatives, and oversee our licensed publishing business in LATAM while working closely with the local territory account executives to ensure contract negotiations/account management and editorial development
We're looking for someone with experience in both the digital and print publishing space. Ideally, you'll also have knowledge of the licensing industry. You'll be comfortable balancing multiple partners at different stages of development, with strong organizational and communication skills. As part of the Global Publishing team, the manager reports to the Senior Manager, Global Publishing
• Help meet and exceed quarterly annual revenue targets & sales goals
• Negotiate contracts with eBook/audio vendors, and aggregators
• Understand and know applications, formats, and technical platforms in the digital publishing business.
• Handle day to day operations with external vendors or various internal departments including Editorial, Sales, and Production to coordinate the production and delivery of digital products
• Negotiate costing and pricing from vendors for digital product services
• Develop system for efficiency in conversions, metadata and pricing
• Implement the licensing sales strategy property and sell licenses to publishers to create books
• Support our existing publishers to facilitate growth and additional sales of the books
• Seek new business by looking for new retail opportunities, distribution opportunities or new format opportunities
• Initiate, manage and negotiate contracts for new print deals and renewals.
• Create decks and sell sheets for trade fairs and property updates
• Attend tradeshows and key buyer meetings
• Evaluate and analyze market trends and competition to fill voids in product category
• Conduct annual or semi-annual business reviews with licensees
• Work with the retail marketing and social media teams to inform and promote Nick publishing and non-book programs
• 3-5 years of Sales and negotiation experience, ideally in the publishing space
• Knowledge of the publishing industry, especially children's books
• Superior communication skills both written and presentation.
• Candidate should possess advanced experience in epublishing/audio platforms, conversion process and workflow, tablet including but not limited to the Apple iPad and iPhone, Amazon Kindle™,
• Understanding of epub3, HTML5 and ONIX
• Ability to work with limited direction
• Strong communication and excellent organizational skills
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PPT
• Proficiency with both MAC and PC platforms
• Working with online content management systems or other web-based digital asset management systems a plus
• Spanish language a plus