Manager, Global Insights
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS Global Insights is responsible for developing a deep understanding of audiences, then disseminating those findings within the company and beyond. Through research and insights initiatives, we support all corporate, streaming, and cross-brand ViacomCBS teams. We collaborate with insights teams around the organization to nurture findings and coordinate results, giving to ViacomCBS' vast audience expertise.
Reporting to the Senior Director, the Manager will play a meaningful role in the strategy and execution of ViacomCBS' brand and streaming tracking, acting as the day-to-day project lead. Additionally, this role will also support ad hoc primary research projects providing insights on the rapidly changing, complex audience and cultural landscape.
• Help own the implementation of ViacomCBS' brand and streaming tracker including vendor management, reporting and output development, questionnaire design, and overall strategy and planning.
• Work closely with brand insights teams to deliver on custom requests that provide internal partners with measurable strategic insights.
• Liaise with internal data science teams and external partners to evolve and maintain data analysis tools
• Give to all aspects of ad hoc primary research projects supporting the corporate marketing team with a specific focus on B2B perception research and tracking and consumer brand research.
• Carry out analysis using syndicated research tools and data from ViacomCBS primary research projects
• Collaborate with and provide additional support to the wider team where required (e.g., team initiatives or other ad-hoc projects).
• Minimum 3 years primary research experience, preferably in the media field.
• Experience with data analysis tools (e.g., SPSS, Q, or other comparable tools)
• Experience with leading day-to-day operations for longitudinal research a plus
• Extensive knowledge of the current media landscape a plus.
• Good working knowledge of primary research approaches and potential suppliers.
• Experienced with working in a complex environment.
• Ability to prioritize and efficiently perform tasks while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Genuine interest in human behavior and what motivates people in general, as well as how people use media specifically.
• A strong passion for culture and an ability to identify and unpack cultural signals and emerging trends.
• Comfortable working with and deriving insights from numbers.
• Ability to recognize patterns and themes when analyzing data and other research.
• Strong critical thinking skills and a sense of curiosity.
• Positive, strong interpersonal skills and an ability to form strong professional and working relationships.
• Highly organized, responsive, and flexible with ability to work well under pressure.
• High degree of integrity and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Possesses an ability to be diplomatic with a high level of cultural sensitivity, as well as a high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
• Strong overall computer skills – specifically data analysis tools and presentation software.
• Passionate about TV content and the Entertainment industry
• Insights professional with experience and a knowledge of, and passion for turning insights into action and influencing business decisions. The position requires attention to detail as well as the ability to see patterns and connect insights among consumers.