Manager, Domestic Licensing Finance
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager, Domestic Licensing Finance (Apparel, Accessories & Adult/Super Fan Brands)
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
Overview and Responsibilities
Join our Global Licensing Finance team as a Manager, Domestic Licensing Finance - Softlines, who will play a critical role in supporting all functions across the Consumer Products lines of business in regards to Soft Goods. As part of this team, your principal responsibilities include handling the day-to-day activities for Nickelodeon brands across the Softlines lines of business which include Apparel, Accessories and Home Goods and Adult/Super fan brands across all lines of business. This role will also partner with the Director, Global Licensing Finance in providing business teams with support during budgeting, forecasting and LRP processes. This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Partner closely with the Apparel, Accessories, Home Goods and Adult/Super Fan teams, in order to closely monitor Licensee projected revenues vs actualized royalty statements and use finance acumen to help the teams drive informed decisions surrounding their business.
• Provide support to Softlines Account Executives during quarterly Licensee forecasting periods, which includes:
• Monitoring accurate and timely licensee submissions by internal deadlines,
• Assisting in uploading and tracking of manual licensee submissions, when necessary, and
• Sending out tracking reports throughout the forecasting period vs both prior estimate, budget and YOY, so that Account Executives can make informed decisions surrounding their business
• Assist in providing Licensee financial one-sheets to Account Executives for partner meetings, upon request.
• Assist with the monthly Adult/Super Fans P&L analysis provided to corporate stakeholders, to ensure that all Adult/Super Fan Consumer Products revenue and participations expenses are accurately reflected by property, line of business and category.
• Partner closely with the Manager, Domestic Licensing Finance (Hardlines) on all Nickelodeon projections, for accurate reporting by property, line of business and category.
• Manage all revenues pertaining to the ViacomCBS Direct-To-Consumer sites; partnering with internal business teams and external stakeholders.
• Manage all revenues pertaining to the ViacomCBS Clip Licensing business, partnering with internal business teams and the Ancillary COE team.
• Lead special projects and ad hoc requests, as required.
• Minimum 3 years of related work experience, preferably in the consumer products/licensing industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance/Accounting preferred.
• 2 years of experience in financial planning, analysis, and modeling required.
• Deep understanding of financial accounting & financial statement analysis.
• Strong Microsoft Excel PowerPoint skills required.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, across all areas of the business.
• Ability to solve problems/be inquisitive, organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Experience with SAP and Longview Solutions a plus.