Manager, Domestic Licensing Finance
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager, Domestic Licensing Finance (Expenses)
Overview and Responsibilities
Join our Global Licensing Finance team as a Manager, Domestic Licensing Finance, who will play a meaningful role in supporting all expense functions across the Consumer Products line of business. As part of this team, your principal responsibilities include handling the day-to-day activities for Consumer Products Marketing, Research and G&A expense accounts across all ViacomCBS brands. This role will also partner with the Director, Global Licensing Finance in providing business teams with support during budgeting, forecasting and LRP processes. This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Closely partner with the Retail Marketing Team to monitor projected and actualized campaign, creative and event expenses across all brick and mortar and e-commerce retailers; inclusive of Walmart, Target, Amazon, etc.
• Collaborate with the Franchise Marketing Team to ensure accurate expense allocations for all ViacomCBS properties; creating the ability for individualized margin, profitability and variance analyses.
• Fully engage with the Consumer Products Creative Team to closely monitor actualized and projected asset, launch kit and illustration expenses, as well as, internal Studio Staff freelance costs.
• Track and monitor internal and external expenses for major CP Events; such as Licensing Show, Partner Presentations and Sales Summits.
• Provide bi-monthly reporting to each business team for campaign expense allocations and host monthly meetings for detailed walks through their business plans, helping to inform critical decisions.
• Partner with the CP Insights team to manage annual research expenses, both contractual and ad hoc.
• Manage the monthly close process for all Domestic Consumer Products Licensing expenses - including travel and entertainment, freelance and all other G&A expenses - ensuring all incurred expenses have been actualized or accrued in the proper month.
• Oversee special projects and ad hoc requests, as required.
• Minimum 3 years of related work experience, preferably in the consumer products/licensing industry.
• Bachelor’s degree required, a focus in Business/Finance/Accounting preferred.
• 2 years of experience in financial planning, analysis (FP&A), and modeling required.
• Deep understanding of financial accounting and financial statement analysis.
• Strong Microsoft Excel PowerPoint skills required.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, across all areas of the business.
• Ability to solve problems/be inquisitive, coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Experience with SAP and Longview Solutions a plus.
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.