Manager, Digital Studios Research
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
This position will support the analytics and insights functions as they pertain to the Viacom Digital Studios for the MTV, VH1, Logo, and CMT brands. This position reports to the Director of MTV, VH1, Logo, & CMT Digital Research and Insights.
This individual will be responsible for contributing to in-depth analysis of performance and trends on social platforms, competitive intelligence and case studies, and supporting management in the development of presentations and overall digital strategies.
include but are not limited to:
• Serve as the day-to-day social analytics contact for MTV, VH1, Logo, and CMT
• Start-to-end ownership of reports, presentations, and other deliverables to provide strategic recommendations with partnered brands
• Collaborate with team members and key internal partners within the organization to address and inform important questions relating to MTV/VH1/Logo/CMT performance and digital landscape performance metrics
• Manage and troubleshoot all MTV/VH1/CMT/Logo data connections into various analytics platforms
• 4 years of experience in research, audience development, or analytics roles at media companies or agencies
• Strong strategic thinker, with a passion for television and digital media, and a willingness to learn and work with others
• Knowledge of social media analytics (Facebook Insights, Snapchat Analytics, Conviva, YouTube Analytics, Social Guide, Crimson Hexagon etc.), and data management tools (DOMO, etc)
• Computer fluency with strong Microsoft Office skills is essential (Excel, PowerPoint, Word); Tableau or Python knowledge a plus
• Ability to build and tell a story through data in the form of presentations
• Highly organized and extremely detailed to work under pressure, set priorities, handle projects and meet tight deadlines
• Proactive self-starter who takes initiative, and can work well both independently and with others
• Strong presentation skills with the ability communicate research effectively to both small and large groups
Viacom has a clear vision: to be the premier destination where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our global audiences, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world. At Viacom, you will have the opportunity to develop your professional career at the home of iconic brands like BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount and others.