Manager, Contract Management, Music Strategy
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
Overview and Responsibilities
The Manager, Contract Management will work with Music Strategy, Creative Music & Licensing Strategy and Music Operations to manage day-to-day drafting, negotiating and operational needs in connection with the use of original music within Viacom content. The position will also work closely with several other departments including Music & Talent, Business & Legal Affairs, Labor & Employment, Intellectual Property and various production and creative teams.
• Drafting and negotiating composer agreements, music editor agreements, and other agreements regarding music ownership.
• Working with the Music Operations team to ensure timely delivery of music and metadata.
• Maintaining and updating a tracking report and communicating with various departments on the status of agreements.
• Advising various departments on music-related legal matters.
• Reviewing past agreements and researching relevant legal issues.
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience at a music label, music publisher, network, studio, entertainment law firm or production company.
• Working knowledge of music agreements, contract law and intellectual property rights.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct legal research, analysis and reasoning.
• Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
• A demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and interact with agents, managers and outside attorneys.
• Must be able to work independently, multi-task under pressure, and manage a high-volume workload efficiently.
• Ability to build positive client relationships at all levels of the business and advise clients in an ever-evolving corporate environment.
• Collaborative, team-oriented approach.
• Willingness to tackle and resolve issues, demonstrating sound judgement and paying great attention to detail.