Manager, Content Acquisitions
ViacomCBSNew York, CA
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
The Content Acquisitions department is looking for a Manager to join their team. This position is an active contributor in the highly-energized Content Acquisitions department that works across multiple Brands and Platforms. The Manager will work closely with the Strategy, Planning & Negotiations areas within the department to ensure program details are captured accurately. This position will also collaborate with department executives to build Corporate presentations, draft deal memos and support series & movies negotiation work.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a content acquisitions team that buys a substantial amount of series and movies for an established, well-recognized suite of networks and services. This group is considered marketplace leaders when it comes to crafting creative series & movies deals, and our goal is to secure top shelf product. Are you ready to roll up your sleeves, work hard, deliver excellence and learn from industry experts?
The ideal candidate must be a go-getter, detail-oriented, highly-motivated and a forward-thinker who is able to jump in & anticipate the needs of busy, high-level Corp department and its executives. Candidate must be a good communicator with excellent organizational, written & computer skills who thrives working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Effective multi-tasker is key to success in the role – someone who can quickly shift priorities and manage time efficiently to meet ongoing deadlines.
• Handle accuracy of series / movie information for all in-house acquired product
• Partner with executives to draft deal memos & distribute relevant information to key departments
• Assist team members on special projects including researching & capturing relevant industry intel and data for high-level presentations
• Draft Product one sheets, using as sources department database, performance reporting & online resources
• Track competitive and product availability information
• Monitor industry news with close attention to sharing info that may impact the Company or Department's acquired business, including presenting findings in team meetings
• Minimum 3 years coordinator and/or manager experience
• Familiarity with working in databases / data management / report generation
• Must be a team player with a positive ''can-do'' attitude & collaborative spirit
• Must be a self-starter who can work independently as well as in tandem with department executives
• Solid attention to detail, excellent organizational, written, verbal, interpersonal and time management skills
• Must demonstrate advanced PowerPoint & Excel skills, and desire to utilize regularly to refresh docs
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-pressured environment keeping confidential business information discreet and private
• Experience using Program Research applications including Nielsen & StarTrak
• Entertainment, Media-Related, Program Research Industry experience preferred
• Superb Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and internet research skills