Manager, Consumer Products Strategy & Planning
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
The Manager, Consumer Products Strategy and Planning is responsible for partnering across the Consumer Product organization to support and enable the team to drive sustainable long-term growth.
They will split their time supporting both the Consumer Products Strategy team as well as the President of Consumer Products on day-to-day operations.
As part of the Consumer Products Strategy team, they will be responsible for assisting in defining and driving execution of strategic growth initiatives, including developing approaches and timelines, conducting analyses, and building organizational support across businesses, markets, and ViacomCBS.
They will also aid in handling all planning and logistics for the President of Consumer Products as it relates to the day-to-day operations of the Global Consumer products business teams. This role helps the President of Consumer Products maintain a healthy organization and optimize operations and cross-organizational processes that enable the organization to achieve its objectives.
This role requires a highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, and organizational skills. They need business acumen, interpersonal and communications skills and ability to work across a dynamic team and learn about many facets of the Consumer Products organization.
• Provide ongoing strategic support to all businesses with a focus on mid and long-term needs and opportunities
• Assist in annual LRP process across LOBs and regions, including communicating strategic priorities to ensure alignment
• Partner with Insights on market dynamics and consumer trends, and determine how to address resulting challenges and opportunities
• Conduct financial modeling to assess size of opportunities as well as identifying alternative business models to increase capture of consumer spending
• Partner with the President to help Consumer Products meet near term objectives, and long-term goals
• Cross functional liaison – serve as liaison to CP groups with focus on Information cascade and problem solving. Drive cross functional companywide projects by providing analytical rigor, facilitating collaboration with multiple teams, and strategically managing project scope and implementation.
• Support executive team - facilitate weekly executive meetings, monthly staff meetings, quarterly offsites, and facilities planning to help drive implementation of cross-departmental initiatives.
• In partnership with the President's EA, plan internal meetings and develop agendas and manage all follow-up
• Handle logistics around external events, speaking engagements and internal offsites
• Serve as a member of the CP Diversity, Equity and Inclusion steering committee to help facilitate and advance CP initiatives and goals
• Act as the CP lead across all facilities planning in partnership with HR and Building Management teams
• Strategic thought partner - act as thought partner and ear to the ground for the President, surface issues, roadblock, and concerns from the organization
• Minimum 3 years of experience in Consumer Products, Strategy, Business Development or related field
• Experience in strategic analysis and financial modeling
• Must be organized, detail-oriented and work well under deadlines
• Superior writing and presentation skills are a must, with the ability to story-tell
• Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
• Must have elevated Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint abilities