Manager, Consumer Products Contract Operations
Full Time Job
This team serves as the junction point between the Consumer Products Account Executives (AEs), Finance, Accounting, Business & Legal Affairs (BALA), Creative, and Media & Technology Services teams in support of a $200MM global Consumer Products (CP) business. The goal of the group is to drive operational excellence through technology, operational improvements, and data analytics.
The position will begin remotely and can ultimately be located in our NYC office. We will also consider qualified candidates across the US for a fully remote opportunity.
The Manager, Consumer Products Contract Operations will:
• Manage day-to-day responsibilities of one NY-based Contract Compliance Analyst and two off-shore Contract Operations Analysts who enter and validate contractual data in contract management systems.
• Apply Viacom Policies & Procedures, GAAP and ensure accurate financial controls and procedures are in place, focusing on Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
• Coordinate with a cross functional team to refresh CP Health Checks Policy (a robust set of Business, Finance and Legal guidelines) quarterly
• Provide counsel throughout the team's review of proposed deal terms to ensure compliance with guidelines established by our Finance, Legal and Brand Management partners.
• Provide the team with guidance around contract language interpretation and system application
• Perform detailed evaluation of contract language and system capabilities; recommend strategic process improvements; build cases for change and encourage adoption of the suggested improvements.
• Advise/resolve complex contract trouble tickets daily
• Perform monthly analysis of volume, aging and trends within both a web-based deal submission tool and a separate trouble ticketing system
• Hold monthly deal status meetings with a cross section of agents, account executives, compliance, legal and systems users to seek cloaure of pending deals and address any issues preventing execution.
• Accurately complete contract data entry and execution tasks while balancing multiple priorities.
• Design stop gap procedures to remedy findings from weekly contract execution audits and integrity reporting.
• Liaise with Systems Operations to resolve systems issues and facilitate their outreach to Collections, Billing, Finance, and MTS on new processes and workarounds impacting other departments.
• Troubleshoot inquiries from various functional areas across the CP business.
• Manage quarterly review of internal/external training materials and department SOPs to ensure process optimization.
• Manage and execute on ad hoc projects including but not limited to: agent transitions; intellectual property acquisitions; assessing the impact of process and policy changes.
• 5 years of related experience; a focus on product licensing, especially globally, preferred
• Bachelor's Degree, a focus on Business, Finance, or Economics a plus
• 3 years of people management experience preferred
• Experience in legal affairs, accounting, and operations management preferred
• Strong ability to understand and interpret contracts
• Strong understanding of General Accounting Principles (royalty accounting is a plus) and Financial skills (knowledge of entertainment and licensing industry practices a plus)
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Strong written and verbal, time management and organizational skills
• Excellent problem solving skills with a willingness to challenge the status quo to continually improve organization, process and technology
• Highly analytical and detail oriented with ability to see the big picture and work on cross-divisional projects with many stakeholders
• Ability to multitask and manage diverse projects and assignments
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively (i.e. a great leader as well as great teammate)