Manager, Consumer Insights
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/30/2021 1:01:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Consumer Insights jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Consumer Insights postings
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
Overview and Responsibilities
The MTV Entertainment Group involves leading media & content brands including Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, Paramount Network, Smithsonian, Logo, CMT, TV Land, and Pop TV. Within this group, the Research & Insights department is responsible for developing a deep understanding of global audiences' attitudes and behaviors. This department also handles cultural trends, to inform the organization's strategic decision-making. Within this department, we are looking for a Manager to join the Content Insights & Strategy team.
The Manager role involves conducting research and developing audience insights through a variety of methodologies, both qualitative and quantitative. Reporting into the Senior Director, this Manager will help with custom & syndicated research to inform Development, Marketing, Creative, and Programming Strategy for Scripted, Comedic (Adult Animation, Topical, etc.), and Original Movie content. This role will focus on content testing across linear and streaming platforms. Additionally, there are opportunities to contribute to thought leadership projects related to our audiences and their connection to content.
This is an exciting chance to impact content and strategy for some of the world's most iconic media brands! The ideal candidate is a well-rounded researcher with deep knowledge and passion for media, entertainment, cultural trends, and consumer insight.
• Conduct proprietary studies supporting the full life cycle of content (e.g., concept/pilot testing, series maintenance, creative testing) and broader explorations into genres, audiences, and cultural trends, resulting in impactful insights for key partners
• Successfully manage projects with external vendors by monitoring key timelines and details, including recruitment of respondents, development of research instruments (e.g., surveys, discussion guides, research stimulus, etc.), and analysis/reporting
• Stay up to speed on the competitive landscape and industry/consumer trends across traditional TV, streaming, and digital, using various sources (syndicated, social listening, primary research, etc.) to share expertise and help identify whitespace opportunities
• Support research needs of Content Strategy, Development, Marketing, and Creative teams with ad hoc projects, including sizing & profiling target audiences, sizing opportunities for greenlights, and assessing potential brand partnerships
• Assist in identifying and reporting on cultural trends to help the organization stay ahead of the curve, connecting back to implications for our content, consumers, brands, and marketing efforts
• 3 years of related research experience, including Marketing, Creative and Content Research
• Experience with primary research (e.g., focus groups, IDIs, surveys, etc.)
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail, with strong analytic and project management skills
• Interest in tracking and analyzing cultural trends.
• Love of all things television, streaming, and pop culture!
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Experience at a Media/Entertainment/Tech company or a market research agency
• Familiarity and/or proficiency with syndicated tools and systems (e.g., YouGov, MRI-Simmons, Talkwalker, E-Poll, etc.)
• Ability to turn complex insights into clear, well-written, and visually compelling deliverables (e.g., presentations, one-sheets, newsletters, etc.)
• Highly organized, collaborative self-starter with the ability to set priorities, meet tight deadlines, and balance multiple small and large-scale projects
• Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable interacting with a wide range of personalities and establishing effective relationships at all levels of the organization
• Adaptive, instinctively curious, and a fast learner
• Comfortable presenting in team meetings
• Experience with international/global research, streaming, and/or movies is a plus