Manager, Affiliate Finance
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a manager to join the Affiliate Finance team within US Networks Distribution. The Affiliate Finance Team is responsible for the reporting and analysis of all financial information through budgeting, monthly/quarterly close and forecasting processes. The Manager is a key role in all aspects of affiliate finance and reverse compensation revenue. This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day revenue operations including remit processing, billing, payments, collections, cash application and affiliate maintenance as well as providing financial reporting and analysis to support the forecast and budget process. This position reports to the Director, Affiliate Finance.
• Demonstrate cross-functional expertise in accrual-based revenue accounting, billing, accounts receivable, cash management and collections.
• Manage the monthly Invoicing process through our billing system.
• Actualize monthly subscribers and reconcile any differences between license fee calculations and accruals.
• Perform monthly/quarterly close and forecasting procedures for respective affiliates.
• Ensure the integrity of data transferred among various financial applications.
• Help research variance analysis of actuals to estimates to effectively adjust monthly forecasts.
• Manage contract maintenance for our affiliates.
• Help oversee and enforce adherence to internal controls.
• Ad hoc reporting and analyses
• Bachelor's degree required, with a focus in Accounting, Finance, or related area preferred.
• 5 years of related FP&A and/or accounting experience
• Private/ Public background preferred with a CPA or candidate a plus.
• Strong experience with Excel. Must be comfortable working with large data sets and databases.
• Proactive self-starter and phenomenal teammate, ability to learn quickly, be flexible and adapt to changing industry and organizational landscape.
• Strong financial modeling skills
• Analytical problem-solving skills, ability to contextualize data effectively and efficiently.
• Track record of handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with financial billing/ general ledger systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle)
• Experience with forecasting/reporting tools (e.g., Longview, TM1)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience working with large volumes of data and reporting tools (e.g., Cognos)
• Interest in and passion for media and technology