Manager- A / B Testing & Optimization
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
The Corporate Digital & Social Analytics group supports the digital presence for ViacomCBS brands such as Nickelodeon, MTV, BET, Comedy Central and many more. We are a group focused on reporting, analyzing and evangelizing data observations and experiments to quantify the health and optimization efforts of ViacomCBS' Digital platforms.
Within this group, the Measurement Strategy team is responsible for running the A/B testing program, leading experiments on our digital platform's features, and reporting on results. The team works in close coordination with a variety of partners, such as product, marketing, UX and engineering teams. Our mission is to provide industry-best expertise, guidance and analysis throughout the A/B testing lifecycle so that the brands can make critical improvements to the experience of our millions of digital viewers and subscribers. Are you an experimentation enthusiast with a passion for finding answers through data? Then join the team!
• Support the evolution and expansion of the Adobe Target A/B testing tool implementation on all brands and platforms
• Coordinate with partners to collect, refine and prioritize all new A/B test ideas that are added to the roadmap, with clear test description, hypothesis, important metrics, segmentation and more
• Calculate sample size required and estimated duration for A/B tests based on metrics, hypothesis and volume of traffic
• Set up test campaigns within Adobe Target using either code delivered by engineering or the tool visual editor
• Collaborate with QA engineers to verify that all test variations are working and tracking before a test launches, and check early data post-launch to detect any issues
• Monitor results and statistical significance throughout the duration of a test and communicate early trends to partners
• Perform final analysis when tests end by pulling data with many layers of segmentation, calculating statistical significance and compiling results in a deck with detailed insights and recommendations
• Continually look for process and reporting improvements and implement those changes where applicable
• 3 years of experience in a digital analytics area such as A/B testing, personalization, conversion rate optimization or product analytics
• 2 years of experience using tools such as Adobe Target, Optimizely, Sitespect, etc.
• Experience with statistical significance techniques such as t-test, ANOVA, correlation, etc.
• Experience with Adobe Analytics (Omniture) or Google Analytics
• Experience and understanding of web and app cycles, product development rituals & working with Jira and confluence
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Solid client management skills – experience agency side and/or supporting large, diverse internal client groups
• Entrepreneurial, digitally savvy, creative and experimental in the approach to problem solving
• Self-starter who is energetic, enthusiastic, adaptable and versatile
• Excellent quantitative skills, written and verbal communication, and presentation skills