ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Are you a dynamic, driven, savvy Director/Line Producer who has thorough knowledge about Production? If so, ViacomCBS is seeking a Director with 5-7 years of ''hands on, on-site'' production experience who is a self-starter to oversee production logistics while working closely with internal producers, third party producers and executives to examine the needs of each production. If this sounds like you, come join us!
Overview & Responsibilities:
Creates and supervises production budgets for medium to large scale productions and ensures all aspects of production run smoothly.
Creates and supervises production schedules to ensure all work stays inside budgetary boundaries and time constraints.
Ensures timely cost reporting to production executives throughout production process until final actual.
Hires crew and project-based staff, negotiates rates of pay for production personnel, negotiates costs and approves booking resources, equipment and suppliers needed for each production he/she manage.
Have a thorough, current, ongoing knowledge of all relevant staff competencies.
Ensures prompt payment to vendors and crew by working closely with production managers, production finance and production accounting.
Oversees location bookings, and or venue agreements and arranges for all necessary permissions, permits and risk assessments.
Works closely with local government; (police, fire dept., public health) to ensure production is adhering to safety and government guidelines.
Ensures health, safety and testing protocols in regards to Covid-19 are being implemented and enforced on each production.
Must have at least 5-7 years of ''hands on, on-site'' production experience and be a self-starter, motivated, quick thinking, flexible and thorough.
Ability to Line Produce small and larger scale productions simultaneously, either internal or 3rd party.
Excels in a demanding and fast paced environment requiring proactive and positive thinking.
Must possess strong leadership skills, exercise good judgment, show initiative, and be a team player.
Must be able to maintain multiple production responsibilities and projects with a focus on organization, attention to detail, while being flexible and capable of prioritizing shifting production and business needs.
Must have a thorough knowledge of the television and film industry and possess ability to anticipate production challenges and address in a professional manner.
Be a continuous promoter and supporter of a multi-cultural inclusive workplace, transparency and calculated risk taking.
Skill Requirements Experience:
• Prior supervisory experience required
• Requires a non-traditional work schedule, and travel as needed
• Must have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and be able to troubleshoot production issues that may arise with diplomacy and professionalism.
• Must have strong leadership & team building skills and a management style/attitude that projects calm and confidence in potentially stressful situations.
• Ability to manage and delegate responsibilities appropriately and effectively
• Ability to manage conflict effectively and give effective feedback to support staff
• Must be able to align performance with the goals of the department and business.
• Proficiency in MS Office (word, excel, one drive, power point, teams, etc.), zoom, slack, Smart
• Accounting and become proficient with Movie Magic, SAP, ARIBA, Concur, Scenechronize