Legal Assistant, Corporate Law
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
ViacomCBS is looking for a Legal Assistant to join our Corporate Law department. The person will support a variety of legal groups including: Intellectual Property and Legal Operations.
We are committed to a culture of collaboration and are looking for a team-oriented, self-starter to join us!
• Create and maintain well organized virtual filing systems and document retention
• Schedule and coordinate internal and external meetings, conference calls and other business appointments
• Maintain and update contact information
• Prepare documents for signing and notarizing via DocuSign
• Assist with legal billing, mailings and other tools
• Execute travel arrangements and process travel and expense reports
• Assist in IP, legal operations, joint venture and corporate transactions work, as well as special projects and initiatives.
• Minimum 2 years in a legal or administrative assistant capacity
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office, including: Outlook, Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
• High degree of attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a large volume of diverse projects
• Ability to handle incoming phone calls professionally and efficiently
• Professional demeanor
• Ability to maintain a positive perspective
• Excellent follow through skills
• Ability to concentrate and be focused
• Excellent proofreading skills