Lead Data Test Engineer
ViacomCBSWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Lead Data Test Engineer - Client Apps
At Pluto TV, we approach testing differently -- we are testing, and breaking, code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. Data Test Engineers (DTE) test and verify Pluto TV's analytics events across all applications. This role is a Lead DTE with a focus on Data Quality and Client Apps. In this role you will apply your QA, Data Quality, and SQL experience to manually and using automated scripts to test the firing of analytics events and verify those events in downstream databases or files. This DTE will work with Business Intelligence analysts and developers to make sure data quality and integrity is maintained as new events are added to applications. The position requires strong mobile QA experience with a focus on data, knowledge of data pipelines from raw data to reporting, and demonstrable SQL skills. The lead DTE will work closely with the Manager, Data Test Engineering and will also act as a representative of the Software Test Engineering Team in scrum meetings, and work alongside product management to address how to provide better quality coverage for the applications supported.
• Work with project teams implementing analytics features into client applications and verify the firing of those analytics events by manually working with devices or initiating scripts.
• Maintain and/or develop automation tools to support Mobile Device test framework(s).
• Verify capturing of analytics events in related file systems or databases through SQL, or a scripting language (Python, Java, shell scripting, etc.).
• Work with Business Intelligence and Product Management to create test strategies, plans and cases that provide acceptable coverage for a given data pipeline, from event creation to reporting.
• Perform data profiling on downstream data for the purposes of finding field anomalies and possible data quality issues.
• Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology, highly focused in creating data validation tests based on requirements.
• Work with other members of Data Test Engineering to compile a regression test suite that can be executed quickly.
• Experienced in leading, mentoring & coaching other team members.
• Help create a manageable, repeatable strategy for manual test cases.
• Provide a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity.
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• 5 years of Quality Assurance/Mobile Testing experience as a Lead.
• 3 years of Data Quality experience, or QA experience with a focus on Android, iOS, Roku and connected devices, data warehousing, reporting, etc.
• Ability to execute rigorous testing cycles against product/platform releases (OTT, Native Apps, Web, Connected TVs) with a focus on data quality.
• 3 years of testing experience working within an Agile environment, and with Agile Management tools such as JIRA.
• Expertise in testing applications developed using various mobile technologies including J2ME, Android SDK, iOS SDK, etc.
• Understanding of Data Models, Data Schema, ETL and created extensive store procedures, SQL queries to perform back-end data warehousing testing.
• Experienced in Database Testing and using various DBMS tools including Mode analytics, MySQL and performing complex queries including Joins, using Views, DML, DDL, Functions, Triggers and Procedures.
• Experience with reporting or analytics tools like Tableau or Mode.
• Experience working with Amazon Web Services, querying and working with data in various AWS services.
• Experience with Automation Framework development using Java.
• Experience with Performance Test Design, Development and load testing execution.
• Design, create and maintain assets used to execute performance tests and contribute to the execution and monitoring of performance test executions using Apache JMeter, LoadRunner or similar tools.
• Programming experience in a language such as Python, Java, etc. for the purposes of parsing files and running queries.
• Experience with analytics implementations (network events, ad beacons, user action events, etc.) in a web or mobile application.