Late Night Cartoons - Storyboard Lead
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• Read Script; prepare shot ideas, questions and concerns to discuss with Director/AD.
• Generate thumbnails for various shots; assign and monitor thumbnail assignments to other team members.
• Collaborate in depth with Director and AD on staging solutions when necessary.
• Guide Storyboard Team in executing shot for Animatic phase of production, with emphasis on maintaining show's stylistic qualities.
• Provide team with feedback on shot composition, timing and acting as necessary.
• Handout, track, review, note, re-assign and approve Storyboard tasks using ftrack.
• Attend Episode kickoffs and take notes and prepare any questions or concerns.
• Identify tasks or assets that should be prioritized to prevent bottlenecks; particularly where new Background or Character Designs will be necessary or helpful.
• Occasionally field questions on behalf of Director/AD when necessary.
• Adjust or revise existing shots for reuse.
• Shepherd shots to Editorial Department for Animatic Assembly.
• Previous Leadership experience preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Animate.
• Strong sense of acting and timing for character based animation.
• Knowledge of Animation Production Pipeline from Storyboard to Post is a must.
• Understanding specifics of rigging and puppets is a major plus.
• Experience with Adobe Character Animator, Photoshop, After Effects is a major plus.
• Reel demonstrating experience in storyboarding for television.