Late Night Cartoons - Digital Animation Lead
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• Work in tandem with Directors, Assistant Directors and Animation TD to assign tasks to Animation Team.
• Utilize Ftrack, to handout, track, review and approve animation assignments.
• Review, note, approve, and re-assign tasks as necessary.
• Provide feedback on shot composition, animation and acting as necessary.
• Guide animation team in execution of their shots.
• View Animatics; prepare questions/flag concerns to discuss with the Director and AD.
• Collaborate with Director to visually problem solve on occasion.
• Attend kickoffs and take notes and prepare any questions or concerns.
• Identify tasks or assets that should be prioritized to prevent bottlenecks.
• Occasionally field questions on behalf of Director/AD when necessary.
• Communicate with Digital Asset Management team when an asset needs to be located or when assets need to be retroactively updated (i.e. A reusable Rig, Drawn Animation File, Design has been adjusted to work more cohesively in Performance Department).
• Perform compositing tasks as necessary.
• Animate rigged Adobe After Effects and Character Animator puppets.
• Adjust or revise existing shots for reuse.
• Previous Leadership experience preferred.
• Strong knowledge of After Effects, both for Compositing and Puppeted Animation.
• Strong sense of acting and timing for character based animation.
• Knowledge of Animation Production Pipeline from Storyboard to Post is a must.
• Understanding specifics of rigging and puppets.
• Experience with Adobe Character Animator a major plus.
• Reel demonstrating experience animating digital puppets.