Late Night Cartoons - After Effects Setup and Layout Generalist
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• Collaborate with the Co-EP, Directors, and Leads in creating After Effects Projects for Episode Scenes and shots.
• Assist in Breaking Down Animatics, identify Assets on a shot to shot basis.
• Set Up/Block Shots for the Puppet Animation Dept.
• Layout and prepare multiplane background PSDs as After Effects Projects.
• Gather approved assets and including correct Shot Projects.
• Set up camera and create separated comps for all camera angles.
• Composite Drawn Animation sequences on occasion.
• Composite exported Adobe Character Animator sequences.
• Animate character rigs in After Effects as necessary depending on episode complexity.
• Solid understanding of After Effects and compositing.
• Ability to maintain a clean and organized Project file.
• Willingness to work within an established workflow.
• Familiarity with the After Effects 3D camera .
• Experience with the specifics of rigging and puppets a major plus.
• Experience with Photoshop Timeline or Character Animator a plus.
• Experience using After Effects scripts and expressions a major plus.
• Understanding of Episodic or Animated Series Pipelines a plus.