Junior Data Scientist
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/16/2020 7:54:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Junior Data Scientist jobs in New York-NY
Search all Junior Data Scientist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Junior Data Scientist? Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Junior Data Scientist to join the Data and Decision Sciences Group. This person will work closely with the team’s Director of Data Science to execute on ViacomCBS’s data strategy. This includes working with big data, data visualization, predictive content/show analytics, total cross-platform consumption and forecasting, and most importantly, translation of data into new products, tools, and insights. Here at ViacomCBS, we work hard and seek to nurture an inclusive environment.
• Working with other team members and the team director to prioritize needs, develop comprehensive and efficient solutions, and translate data from business problems into insights
• Understanding a wide range of data sets to mine, analyze, run forecasting models, create segments, etc. to ultimately drive insights and build new data delivery tools
• Understanding both ViacomCBS’s business needs and existing data assets to connect the dots and build data delivery tools that help in:
• Using existing programming data for more targeted digital programmatic buys
• Taxonomizing existing digital measurement data to inform future partnership deals, windowing strategy, cross-platform
• Aggregating data to create predictive tools for audience growth, programming opportunity, and optimal marketing plans
• Developing out normative databases from existing survey data
• Creating data maps and taxonomies from disparate data sets
• Defining key KPIs from merged data sets and translating into standard metric deliverables
• Creating processes/techniques to reliably fuse custom survey data sets to syndicated measurement data, as well as fusing different measurement data sets together
• Working with the director and team to help build out a consolidated data platform that hosts statistical algorithms for predictive modeling, data visualization and dashboarding, and flexible and real time reporting
• Familiar with entertainment landscape and trends in TV and media
• Expertise in programming languages: SQL, Python, R
• Expertise in advanced statistical techniques: basic modeling using regression; advanced modeling using hierarchical, Bayesian, or structural equation techniques; path analyses; clustering via factor analysis, decision tree; statistical testing using ANOVA, covariate analysis; correlational analyses via affinity mapping, correspondence analysis; projection and modeling up techniques via ‘look-a-like’ modeling; etc.
• BA/BS (M.S. or Ph.D. is a plus) in statistics, computer science, social sciences, or another quantitative subject area (such as physics, computational biology, sociology, cognitive science, political science, etc.) This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.