ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Internal Auditor (Streaming, Film, and Television Production)
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
The Internal Audit team is looking for a new Internal Auditor to join their team! Focused on the world on Streaming, Film and, Television Production, the ideal candidate for this role is a versatile and adaptable individual who has a willingness to work on new and different projects with varying project teams during the year. This person must be very persuasive and perceptive, with strong communication skills, and a willingness to learn business objectives and understand business process auditing.
A look into the day-to-day work includes the Internal Auditor carrying out specific audit assignments and special projects; preparing workpapers in support of work performed; discussing findings with business process owners; and drafting audit findings in audit reports.
• Conducting risk-based operational audits. detailed audit testing, and documenting audit issues and recommendations to improve weak or lacking internal controls
• Performing audit field work activities under the direction of the audit manager and director including planning and audit wrap up
• Documents work performed in workpapers and drafts audit comments (based on audit results and findings) for audit reports
• Communicates audit findings to internal audit manager and senior business process owners
• Assists in special project assignments as needed
• Performs data analysis on assigned areas as necessary
• 2 years related experience required. Prior experience at a large accounting firm, consulting firm, or large public company preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree required. Advanced designation like CPA or CIA preferred.
• Ability to travel up to 50%
• Ability to properly execute the fundamentals of auditing
• Ability to understand the company's operational policies and procedures
• Strong administrative skills, including the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
• Ability to see a project through to completion and take job ownership
• Good practical judgment and decision-making skills
• Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
• Proficiency with spreadsheets and analytics tools such as excel, acl, tableau etc.
• Intellectual curiosity and creativity