Executive Producer, Podcast
This was removed by the employer on 9/20/2021 1:00:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Radio Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Executive Producer, Podcast jobs in Hollywood-CA
Search all Executive Producer, Podcast postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Producer, Podcast?
Full Time Job
The Smithsonian Channel seeks a strong candidate to lead the creative of our existing and development podcasting slate. The candidate will be charged with exploring and developing new formats, executing new creative strategies and helping to create, build and evolve the Smithsonian brand in the podcast space. The ideal candidate should have a strong sense of both current and historical events and be an experienced producer and audio storyteller. S/he/they are passionate and well-versed in conversations around history, culture, race, along with science and wildlife – all of which are within the SMITH editorial remit. The challenge is to make history relevant and critical to understanding today's world. You will be part of the key team setting the agenda for the future of audio programming around the Smithsonian brand. In addition, the successful incumbent should be an experienced digital creative with the ability to lead podcast development in the context of our larger expansion of our digital ditorial capacity. This role straddles traditional editorial – some SMITH series will also deliver podcasts – and digital editorial where podcasts have a natural home. Finally, your development of editorial should be directly related to the need to grow the audience and find, engage and activate users to the SMITH brand.
• Own the expansion of the Smithsonian podcasting slate, in collaboration with SMITH leadership;
• Work collaboratively with a production team, including hosts, producers, and editors across all Smithsonian podcasts (both existing and new);
• Attend weekly editorial and production meetings for all podcasts and provide guidance on story/topic/guest selection;
• Facilitate regular evaluation and feedback on shows' creative direction and execution;
• Set and plan long-range editorial calendar;
• Work with members of the podcast team and others on audience engagement, growth and marketing;
• Work with production team on show and talent budget, evaluating and iterating as necessary to meet financial goals;
• Work with sales and marketing to find solutions to their needs in this editorial space.
• A minimum of 5 years production experience in radio, podcasting, or equivalent;
• Strong editorial and news judgement;
• Strong leadership and communication skills, as well as the ability to delegate and prioritize optimally across multiple projects;
• Ability to oversee and structure a relevant, compelling, and unique audio story;
• Ability to work with and lead a collaborative production team and help guide and shape the editorial direction of multiple podcasts;
• Can work independently and in a team environment;
• Experience developing, executing and leading an efficient production schedule;
• A knack for delivering clear, conscientious feedback on both stories, performance, and overall execution;
• A sense of humor and strong work ethic;
• Desire to build out the audio programming of an iconic American brand;