ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
The Executive Assistant primarily serves as assistant to the SVP and as administrative support for the entire Creative & Strategy department. This full-time staff position includes all administrative functions for the department at large including drafting correspondence; scheduling meetings and appointments; arranging staff meetings and off-sites; filing as needed; answering phones in-office; balancing expenses; managing supplies; making travel arrangements; maintaining status reports as needed; and various other responsibilities. This position is exposed to all facets of the department, which builds coordinated advertising, marketing and branding solutions across all media and platforms for ViacomCBS. The position may be responsible for adhering to budgets on various projects, which can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. The Executive Assistant also supports head of a high-volume team that generates work that communicates ViacomCBS' mission to all audiences.
• Working as the SVP's right-hand person, ensuring smooth operation of the office and all related projects and tasks
• Maintaining an accurate calendar
• Drafting e-mails, correspondence and communications
• Preparing materials for various meetings and projects
• Managing agendas and scheduling for various meetings including bi-weekly creative reviews
• Coordinating with department members to put together presentations and other materials
• Understanding the company and industry and using that knowledge to support SVP and team appropriately
• Answering phones when in-office
• Booking travel and handling related expense reports, itineraries, etc.
• Administrative/executive assistant experience required
• Experience in media/entertainment a plus but not essential.
• Has strong writing, interpersonal and interpersonal skills
• Can work across the department and collaborate with all teams and people at all levels
• Positive and resilient; approaches challenges and roadblocks with ideas
• Possesses excellent interpersonal skills
• Can enforce deadlines
• Has knowledge of Apple operating system and experience with software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT; Apple Keynote; Outlook; Slack