Executive Assistant, Finance
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
MTV Entertainment Group is comprised of nine brands – MTV, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, Smithsonian Channel, Pop TV, CMT, VH1, TV Land, Logo as well as MTV Entertainment Studios, which creates unique and relevant content for the Group's portfolio as well as third-party and streaming platforms, and MTV Documentary Films. Housing all original content under one umbrella, MTV Entertainment embodies the original youthful spirit of MTV – pioneering, unconventional by nature, constantly curious and re-mixing things to make something new and even more interesting.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant for the SVP Finance, MTV Entertainment Group. In addition to the SVP, you will also provide general department assistance to the full MTVE Finance team, most specifically the SVP's four VP direct reports. As our ideal candidate, you will be capable of multi-tasking and appropriately handling sensitive information. You will anticipate the needs of a busy leader and team, and take the initiative to solve problems thoughtfully and independently.
• Respond to direct and anticipated requests, providing fast, accurate, and thoughtful replies; follow up on action items on behalf of the leader as needed.
• Heavy scheduling and calendar management including coordination of complex meetings with multiple participants and locations.
• Provide effective and efficient meeting coordination including logistics, agendas, notes, action items and follow-ups as needed. Meetings will vary from be a combination of virtual and in-person and some US employees begin to return-to-office.
• Create and modify travel itineraries. Inform and plan actions based on the itinerary with appropriate parties, monitoring throughout. Process associated expenses as required.
• Screen and respond to phone calls and email as appropriate.
• Collaborate with other assistants to obtain information, problem solve and achieve desired results.
• Create and/or modify PowerPoint slides and Excel workbooks as needed.
• Create, manage and own various MTV Entertainment Finance Team channels of communication – including email distribution lists, Slack channels, Microsoft Teams sites, Sharepoint sites, etc.
• Minimum 5 years supporting a senior leader and/or a senior executive team.
• Bachelors' degree preferred.
• Strong execution and organization skills that enable you to prioritize and execute multiple priorities seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with internal and external partners.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
• Thrives in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities & deadlines.