Executive Assistant, Creative Music & Licensing Strategy
This was removed by the employer on 6/5/2020 4:54:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Executive Assistant, Creative Music & Licensing Strategy jobs in Hollywood-CA
Search all Executive Assistant, Creative Music & Licensing Strategy postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Assistant, Creative Music & Licensing Strategy? ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
Overview and Responsibilities
We're looking for a candidate who wants to use their music and licensing experience for an opportunity at one of the world's biggest entertainment companies. Does this sound exciting? Then we have a fantastic opportunity for you! We’re searching for our next assistant to provide administrative support for three Vice Presidents of Creative Music & Licensing Strategy in our Hollywood office.
Our department is responsible for the business affairs of all music and media licensing coming in and going out of the complete ViacomCBS brand umbrella. We are a diverse and dynamic team that negotiates deals, ties up copyright and clearance issues, provides music supervision services, and sources and integrates creative assets into our original programming. It's a phenomenal team to work for, and we are excited to welcome the newest member of our team!
include but are not limited to:
• Maintaining the calendars and phones for three executives, including coordinating many appointments, meetings and conference calls with a variety of partners
• Assisting in planning of events and outings for department outings and vendor/client events, responding to facility and location coordination/issues, and assisting with special projects as needed
• Coordinating all necessary travel and expense arrangements
• Revising, building, and editing correspondence, agendas, recaps and agreements
• Preparing, distributing and coordinating sales documents, pitch decks, and presentations
• Updating and distributing organizational documents for the entire department, including contact lists and ViacomCBS Organizational Charts
• Ordering and maintaining office supplies for the West Coast office
• Liaising with building management regarding all facilities problems and needs, new hire requests, and general building concerns
• Performing music research for requested titles, including research on record labels, publishers, artists, labels, publishing information, and sampled material using various internet and in-house programs
• Track, archive and coordinate the entire process and execution of payment of licenses, including securing signatures on license agreements, processing payment through S/MART, and scanning all agreements into our file server
• Research time-sensitive payment information in SAP, attending to customer services needs for payment inquiries, and coordinating payment issues with Accounting, Production Management, Tax Compliance and Accounts Payable
• Research copyright information (i.e. record label information, songwriter information, publishing information and film and TV distributors)
• Tracking and updating programming rights and show tracking reports, including end of year accruals
• Coordinating and maintaining the reporting and placing of cue sheets on the shared drive and in their respective folders
• 3 years’ experience in an office environment
• Experience and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong organization skills and a sharp attention to detail
• Excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills
• Strong written and oral interpersonal communication skills
• Strong multi-tasking skills a must
• Ability to work independently without constant supervision and to make prudent judgment calls
• Ability to build and encourage good working relationships within the music supervision & licensing community
• Preferable experience working in the TV/Music/Entertainment industries, ideally within the capacity of music supervision and/or music & media licensing This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.