Email Operations Associate
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, CBS All Access, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
We are looking for a high energy, creative-thinker to assist in management and execution of our email marketing efforts around our streaming platform Paramount and other digital streaming platforms and initiatives. This person will work in conjunction with other ViacomCBS staff and business units to retain our existing subscriber base, increase the number of paid subscribers we have and use our existing data points and reporting capabilities to better inform the marketing.
• Help execute on and optimize various email lists and campaigns to deliver a diverse group of promotional emails across all various streaming platforms.
• End-to-end testing from conceptualizing and planning of email campaigns from execution to delivery
• Monitor email performance in traditional email metrics, as well as other KPIs like subscription sales, streaming behavior, conversation rates, etc
• Build and distribute regular reporting on email performance and recommend strategies for improvement.
• Evaluate and improve performance related to audience growth and delivery and opens
• Monitor and improve call to actions, email templates and further develop our lead generation strategy Key Projects:
• Assist in the growth of the overall email marketing strategy for Paramount , CBS News and other streaming business units
• Analyze industry trends, best practices, business standards, and future growth opportunities.
• Help report on relevant business-related KPIs and ways to improve and optimize the return on investment on our marketing efforts
• 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Analytics, Litmus/EmailonAcid, ReturnPath or similar applications or platforms
• A strong independent work ethic
• Ability to learn in a fast paced environment
• Basic technical skills and troubleshooting capabilities
• Problem solver with an ability to create solution
• Ability to understand basic HTML/CSS concepts, specifically around email standard methodologies
• Basic understanding of relational database management
• Strong attention to detail, well organized and quality conscious
• Focused and the ability to work independently with excellent interpersonal and time management skills
• Excellent grammar, written and oral communication skills
• Ability to find errors and provide corresponding feedback
• Ability to analyze and report on metrics to a group of partners
• Confirmed ability to discern industry trends.
• Analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Worked in a digital live streaming space