Content Operations Manager
CBS InteractiveNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Editorial Manager will play a critical role overseeing dynamic content inventory for CBS All access and soon to be Paramount . In this role, the Editorial Manager will support Product, Global Content Operations, Video Operations, Program Management and Marketing teams to align content lists and workflows. The Editorial Manager is expected to lead and contribute to a varying range of projects, managing relationships with cross-functional teams. We are seeking a nimble self-starter who is passionate about content and technology to join the team.
• Capture all new and upcoming program assets used as a comprehensive inventory resource across the organization. Update Content Inventory daily, with deeper scrubs required each month as additional information is shared with a wider distribution. Craft and revise custom Content Inventory views for stakeholders, as necessary.
• Summarize upcoming content release dates, ensuring they reflect the latest information.
• Draft Programming & Editorial Roadmap Overviews, ensuring that communications are comprehensive and accurate, and that they are released on schedule for partner needs.
• Make ongoing recommendations on how content should be prioritized for upcoming months.
• Work with internal teams to evaluate long-range inventory to identify gaps and opportunities for tentpole planning and cross-functional promotion.
• Monitor rollouts, industry standards and changes, along with product improvements.
• Assist counterparts to ensure schedules are delivered on time and to specification.
• Cross-collaborate with Program Management, Video Operations, Global Content Operations, Product, and Marketing teams on priorities and new initiatives.
• Gather marketplace information that could inform program planning, to identify relevant priorities and any competitive launches.
• Collect and gather industry research to develop business insights and recommendations to support the business strategy and operational decision making.
• Identify market trends, research reports and frequent business analyses for special projects.
• Working closely on rebrand efforts for Paramount to keep teams aligned around content lists and to find efficiency to help scale operations to support growing digital OTT business and help expand distribution of premium ViacomCBS content across multiple services and platforms both domestically and internationally
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• At least 4 years experience in a scheduling, planning, or project management role at a major media/technology company
• Fastidious attention to detail
• Robust experience in content planning, editorial strategy or scheduling, preferably in streaming, across all devices and operating systems
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in data driven insights and ability to make recommendations
• Experience with complex workflows with an emphasis on content delivery or post-production
• Expert tracking, using tools such as Excel, Google Sheets, Google Table and Airtable
• A passion for content and an of the competitive A/SVOD marketplace
• Strong communication and organization skills - verbal, written, and presentation
• Exceptional work ethic with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team, act proactively and drive resolution
• Ideal candidate will be self-motivated and results-oriented with an entrepreneurial spirit who will be able to work well under pressure, escalate when needed, and quickly adapt to change in a fast-paced work environment
You might also have -
• Experience with scripting and database creation is a plus.
• International programming experience is a plus.
• Experience with international digital distribution is a major plus.