Editor, Comics & Magazines
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/8/2021 9:02:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Editor, Comics & Magazines jobs in New York-NY
Search all Editor, Comics & Magazines postings
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
This editorial position will be the lead creative manager for our comics, magazine and Young Adult targeted business working with our publishing partners in setting the editorial and creative strategies for these products!
Candidate to also have extensive knowledge of the USA comics, magazine and publishing businesses, as well as some understanding of the business internationally.
They will need to be proficient in the production process for these items and have the managerial experience to spearhead any custom publishing opportunities that the company may decide to participate in.
• Work with publishing partners to develop and produce original and reprint content in building their magazine and comics programs
• Partner with our GCG team, Franchise and Burbank Animation studios and other internal groups to facilitate approvals for all design and editorial content
• Provide publishers with Nickelodeon or other appropriate assets to facilitate product creation
• Be able to build custom products and own the creation process
• Work with account executives and management on building comics and magazine programs and related book titles (i.e How to Draw, etc)
• Develop and maintain relationships with third party writers and artists
• Assist in the research of original creative projects.
• Review product development style guides and identifying artwork that is both specific and pertinent to publishing brand needs.
• Be a resource across various departments to develop & expedite new uses of comic content with non-comics licensees as well as new formats
• Contribute to the development of business strategies, and identify new innovative creative / business opportunities for our properties.
• Pushing the creative boundaries of traditional approaches to develop innovative, business relevant and original creative solutions for our brands.
• Build compelling narratives and storytelling
• 3-5 years of Editorial experience, ideally in the publishing or comics space
• Working with online content management systems or other web-based digital asset management systems a plus
• Operating knowledge of Adobe InDesign
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PPT
• Proficiency with both MAC and PC platforms
• Knowledge of the publishing industry, especially comics/graphic novels and/or mid-grade or Young Adult fiction
• Awareness of the licensing industry, and the use of licensed characters in publishing
• Excellent hands-on editorial skills
• Outstanding communication skills both written and presentation.
• Highly organized and able to handle an array of projects in various stages simultaneously, with excellent time management skills
• A strong decision maker who can prioritize well, lead a fast paced environment and work to tight deadlines
• Attention to detail