Director, Strategy & Business Development
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/18/2020 9:54:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Strategy & Business Development jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Strategy & Business Development postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Strategy & Business Development? Director, Strategy & Business Development - Kids & Family Entertainment (Nickelodeon, Awesomeness TV)
Overview and Responsibilities
The newly formed ViacomCBS Kids & Family Entertainment Group includes Nickelodeon and AwesomenessTV. Nickelodeon, now in its 40th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location-based experiences, publishing and feature films. AwesomenessTV is a leading film and TV studio creating award-winning programming for all screens.
The Strategy & Business Development group plays a critical role in the growth of the Kids & Family business by managing the divisions emerging businesses and working across the organization to help build each brand and drive revenue growth. The group is responsible for partnering with the executive team to design strategies and positioning across Programming, Marketing, Digital and Innovation, Experiences, Consumer Products, Press, Finance, Business Affairs, MPS, Content Distribution, Viacom Digital Studios, Viacom International and Paramount Studios.
The group leads the identification, development and management of new business opportunities within the Kids & Family Group and is the primary liaison to ViacomCBS on corporate initiatives, business partnerships, deals, M&A evaluations, cross-functional task forces, and any other Corporate projects.
Director, Strategy & Business Development Responsibilities
Specific projects for this role will include evaluation of new business opportunities, revenue growth through partnerships and deals and articulation of the division’s strategy through presentations and management of key projects and initiatives. The position offers unique exposure to a wide variety of networks and businesses within the media and entertainment industry.
• Identify, negotiate and source deals and strategic business opportunities to grow revenue across the portfolio of Kids & Family emerging businesses
• Manage business development efforts and coordination across internal stakeholders for Nickelodeon’s games group
• Build and maintain relationships and drive sales and revenue with digital music and podcasting platforms (Apple, Spotify, iHeart) for key verticals (music, podcasting, games)
• Support formation and execution of the Nickelodeon digital strategy on our apps, websites and branded SVOD services
• Manage multiple projects and drive each forward, ensuring clear communication and collaboration across cross-functional teams and external partners
• Collaborate with external partners as well as internal stakeholders such as Marketing, Programming, Development, Ad Sales, Corporate Development, Finance and Legal
• Work closely with team members and internal stakeholders to synthesize key conclusions and deliver recommendations to senior executives
• Establish productive relationships with key players across the group and Viacom
• 7 years in a strategy/business development or consulting role, preferably within the media & entertainment industry
• BA degree, MBA preferred
• Outstanding communication skills with finely tuned ability to work within cross-functional teams
• Work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Strategic thinker who can also execute with attention to detail
• Proven record of strong initiative & ownership of tasks and quality deliverables.
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel
#LI-JR1 This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.