Director, Strategic Sourcing, Marketing & Research
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/20/2021 8:01:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Strategic Sourcing, Marketing & Research jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Strategic Sourcing, Marketing & Research postings
Full Time Job
This role will be responsible for providing our Marketing and Research Sourcing team strategic direction and conducting vendor contract negotiations. This position will require interaction with media, creative, research, ad sales, finance, and legal departments across ViacomCBS and will work with various agency and vendor partners. He/she/they will serve as a primary point-of-contact for business owners, delivering high impact and ROI focused marketing and research sourcing strategies and negotiations. The role can be headquartered in LA or NY.
to include, but not limited to:
• Deliver ongoing value creation on domestic and global category spend
• Evaluate and identify opportunities across the enterprise and at the brand level for new strategic sourcing opportunities
• Gain alignment from all key constituents on proposed projects and agreements
• Deliver continuous YOY improvement on % of category managed spend covered under approved category strategies and with preferred vendors
• Act as liaison between vendors, stakeholders, legal, and finance constituents in order to drive efficiencies in process and drive projects to completion
• Partner with key stakeholders, legal, finance to build and implement Category Strategy to deliver targeted savings while meeting business requirements for creativity, quality and time
• Create forecasting models for future opportunities
• Dedicatedly integrate with key business leaders / their teams – be in a position to anticipate / support / steer sourcing needs before they become ''last minute requests''
• Minimize cost and maximize value in the category sourcing process by selecting / deploying optimal sourcing levers.
• Lead and handle RFI/RFQ/RFPs from start to finish, which includes creation, issuance, and facilitation of the entire process, through vendor evaluations to onboarding.
• Provide expertise in the respective categories and demonstrate understanding to figure out potential sources of supply, resolve capabilities of suppliers' product and service offerings, and relate offerings to business needs.
• Partner with vendors to build/maintain constructive, long term relationships
• Actively engage in vendor management processes ranging from vendor identification and selection to contract, compliance and performance management including scorecards and regular reviews
• 8 years of sourcing experience (e.g., consulting experience, or RFI/RFQ/RFP.) or relevant experience in a marketing/research function with demonstrated value creation skills.
• Proven negotiation skills – can lead complex negotiations to successful outcomes
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to manage competing priorities
• Experience working in an analytical capacity
• Bachelors degree. MBA preferred.
• A consistent track record of cost reduction and productivity improvements; ability to influence and inspire change while building solid relationships with your internal clients and external vendors
• Experience developing global category strategies
• Media/entertainment industry experience working for a similar organization and/or studio.
• Proven skills in supplier management
• Background working with Media/Creative Agencies
• Background in Consulting
• Experience leading multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in leading global vendor relationships
• Financial and/or quantitative modeling skills including development of business cases
• Availability to directly support and interact with multiple business units on multiple time zones