Director Software Asset Management
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/20/2021 1:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director Software Asset Management jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director Software Asset Management postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director Software Asset Management? As a Director of Software Asset Management in the Technology Asset Management Group, you will drive the strategy and execution of the management of software licenses, compliance, maintenance renewals, software audit defense, life cycle planning, and software portal management. This leadership role will help define the policies, processes, and procedures for a robust asset management capability. Working across various technology areas and all ViacomCBS divisions. This role will lead resources and be responsible for the end to end software asset management process across ViacomCBS.
Specifically, you will:
• Own the analysis, design, or re-design of SAM and compliance processes, software procurement processes, and license management processes (harvesting, deployment, and retiring of licenses), specifically software license lifecycle management.
• Create and assist in the maintenance of document repositories for software license contracts and purchases, as well as design and improve the process of assembling new contracts and purchase records
• Create compliance reports and analysis to present to license owners and Executive management for renewals, audits, or ad hoc requirements
• Design, build and optimize key data reports that build accurate compliance reporting
• Analyze software usage to determine potential efficiencies and cost savings, continuously innovating and improving processes
• Assist in leading software and application lifecycle; optimization of software spend
• Develop and maintain working relationships across multiple functions to support software asset management throughout its lifecycle
• Develop working relationships with software publishers and vendors to use valuable resources, such as free training, usage analysis, new software license schemes, and maintenance agreements
• Ensure all changes to agreements and contracts are accurately reflected in the SAM tool
• Ensure all purchases are uploaded and updated in the SAM tool
• Make recommendations to the purchase requisition process to accurately record software purchases
• Measure improvements to SAM through metrics, KPIs, and QBRs
• Continuously improve and innovate software asset management processes and standard methodologies
• Identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing, and services. Follow through with vendors and IT Finance team to obtain identified savings.
• Help handle contracts and relationships with the Technology Vendor Management team to maximize value creation and costs for software licensing maintenance and service offerings.
• Collect information for budgeting, software compliance & inventory, contract summaries, and cost comparisons.
• Lead the enterprise license position for software publishers across all divisions
• Experience building/leading a Software Asset Management program
• Experience leading a software publisher's audit to successful closure
• Experience presenting to executive management
• Bachelor's in computer science, IT, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Complete understanding of software lifecycle management
• Effective project management and organizational skills
• Familiarity with IT terminology, technologies, processes, and management
• Aptitude to work on multiple projects, priorities, and tasks independently
• Excited to learn new skills and innovate to further efficiencies
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to respectfully deal with colleagues at all levels within the company and represent the company externally
• Excellent ability to schedule meetings in a global environment being respectful of customer's needs and time zones
• Ability to document processes, procedures, definitions, and workflows
• IT Asset Management and Discovery Tools experience (ServiceNow SAM PRO, Flexera, Tanium, Big Fix, etc.)
• Application Service Mapping, CMDB and Application Portfolio Management skills, and working knowledge strongly desired
• Experience interpreting licensing terms and conditions
• IAITAM, CSAM certification, or similar certification desired
• Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills preferred. Familiarity with basic SQL.
• Knowledge of SNOWFLAKE, business analytics & intelligence desired, report generation
• Good working knowledge of all major operating systems and hardware platforms
• Solid understanding of ISO 19770 framework to capitalize on building a strong SAM program
• Good understanding of ITIL
• Deep understanding of SaaS licenses, tooling, metrics, and reporting. Able to optimize SaaS license via various methodologies
FUNCTION: IT/Technology Operations This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.