Director, Social Media Strategy
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
The Marketing team seeks a Director of Social Media Strategy who will lead and execute earned content platform strategies as well as support / align with paid strategies across all social platforms. This person should be both a social media platform specialist and a data-driven marketer. It is this team’s responsibility to insure our trade and corporate audiences know what sets us apart, our strategic vision, and key successes as we deliver upon that vision.
Working in collaboration with trade marketing, corporate communications and a content team, you will craft and execute organic campaign strategies across all social channels for key corporate and brand priorities. You will use ViacomCBS’ social channels to raise awareness of our portfolio, highlight our unique differentiators and culture, and cement our position among key B2B trade audiences. You will have proven experience finding and engaging key audiences, reporting on paid and earned campaign analytics, managing social platforms, aligning with paid strategies, and working with cross-functional teams and partners.
You love ViacomCBS’ brands and embody our values of bravery, empathy, and integrity.
• Be the social platform and audience specialist, keeping up to date with all new tools and analytics capabilities across LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and similar platforms
• Build and execute upon a social media strategy, leading platform prioritization, copy and messaging development / publishing, community management and reposting initiatives across owned and partner social channels.
• Handles day-to-day relationship with social media agency and acts as a liaison between external agency, paid marketing function, and internal teams
• Own editorial content calendar, including:
• identifying stories/initiatives to highlight
• scheduling content strategically throughout the month
• working closely with creative team and external agency to develop social assets
• routing content for approval from internal partners
• Run community management with an understanding of how and when to engage
• Align content plans with paid distribution strategy
• Work with content team to deliver executive LinkedIn strategies
• Execute digital influencer strategy across channels
• Lead on-the-ground social media efforts at major ViacomCBS and industry events
• Handle relationship with social media platform partners and stay up-to-date on new tools and products
• Understand, monitor and predict trends and use them to inform social content and strategy
• Deliver detailed reporting and measurement on a daily (during campaign flights), weekly, and monthly basis
• Translate social sentiment and engagement into strategic insights that help inform marketing and paid media decisions
• 7 years of social experience at a global brand
• Deep knowledge of and relationships with all social platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.)
• Experience aligning organic with paid media strategies
• Experience handling budgets and paid media across social platforms
• Bachelor's degree
• B2B experience preferred
• Strong project management skills
• Passion and curiosity around emerging technologies, social trends and content marketing
• Able to develop and maintain relationships and work across teams
• Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
• Flexible, agile, nimble and a self starter
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.