Director, Content Services
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/22/2021 6:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Content Services jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Content Services postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Content Services?
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
ViacomCBS Networks International (VCNI), a unit of ViacomCBS Inc., is comprised of the world's most iconic consumer brands. Its portfolio includes Network 10, Channel 5, Telefe, Viacom 18, ViacomCBS International Studios, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount Network and Pluto TV among others! In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, we provide powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents and across more than 180 countries.
The Content Services team sits within the Streaming Group. We focus our efforts on efficiently managing and curating content for international digital streaming services. The team plays a critical operational role in high-profile projects across web, mobile, and emerging platforms.
The Content Services Director is responsible for influencing, enhancing and shaping how production teams manage and curate content that ultimately powers our consumer experiences. The goal is to strive for operational efficiency and support product enhancements that will drive revenue. The position must think both short and long term to ensure scalability while keeping up with fast-paced development cycles. The Director will oversee operational aspects of a new product or feature release: defining internal processes, operationalizing new tools and workflows, governing data fields utilized for front-end experiences, and creating production training documentation.
The role works closely with teams across ViacomCBS offices globally. As content is a critical part of the business model, it is important to have strong working relationships across the organization: Product Development, Engineering, Project Management, Brand Production, and Global Operations teams.
• Manages a team of direct reports to mobilize around a specific plan, project or objective, and drive it through to successful completion
• Proactively mentors and develops direct reports in an effort to maintain a strong, highly functioning team
• A subject matter expert on content management within our owned-and-operated products across all platforms
• In close alignment with Product Management and Engineering, accountable for decisions made that impact new feature development and international scalability
• Defines best practices for content and site management to ensure standardization and increase speed to market
• Works alongside Product and Engineering teams on the initial set up of a product or new feature in the CMS, overseeing all test curation
• Oversees producer training documentation, enabling Production teams globally to support day-to-day management of their products
• Viewed as a key resource to escalate problems and propose viable solutions
• Provides project updates to stakeholders and senior executives
• 8 years experience in an operations, product manager, or similar role managing high priority multiplatform initiatives at a major media company and/or creative interactive agency
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Proven track-record of multi-tasking and overseeing numerous projects of various sizes, while managing client expectations
• Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and multiple team members simultaneously
• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
• Ability to lead and motivate people and encourage teamwork
• Capable of negotiation, problem solving and conflict resolution
• Outstanding and careful attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong understanding of content management systems
• Agile, Scrum and other methodologies including traditional waterfall approaches
• Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence a plus
• Bachelor's Degree