Director, Product, Content Systems
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/12/2021 7:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Product, Content Systems jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Product, Content Systems postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Product, Content Systems?
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS is looking for a Director of Product Management to join the Content Systems & Services team. We are part of the Viacom Media Network's (VMN) division. Our portfolio of domestic and international networks are available in over 180 countries and include iconic brands such as MTV, BET, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Channel 5, Telefe, Colors and many others. The Director will lead the video content workstream focusing on integrations with our upstream systems - key to delivering video assets and metadata to our CMS. Video content is the core of our VMN owned-and-operated products globally, distributed across websites, apps and emerging platforms. The position requires broad experience in the video and content management field with the ability to collaborate with global matrixed teams to deliver results. You will ensure features and enhancements are aligned with Viacom's key objectives while working to make our users' day more efficient and delightful. This is a more technical Product Management role, so you should be comfortable understanding JSON responses, mapping data between systems and following data flow visualizations.
Are you a highly motivated product leader that has experience working with partners at all levels across divisions: Global Media Operations, Consumer Product Management, Engineering, Operations, Brand Strategy, Production, Acquisitions, etc? If so, this is an opportunity to join a fantastic distributed team!
In this role, you will:
• Work closely with our upstream Product & Engineering partners to ensure the reliable and accurate delivery of assets from the central Media Asset Management (MAM) system alongside metadata and availability/rights information from our scheduling systems to the CMS
• Partner with our downstream Product & Engineering teams to understand current and future consumer experiences, data modeling challenges, and subsequently devise scalable solutions for your Content Management product
• Collaborate with Production teams to build tools that make enriching video content easier and making device, regional and/or language-based targeting more intuitive
• In concert with the Senior Director of Product, own the product roadmap, managing and balancing partner priorities against resource availability
• Ability to understand and discuss architectural concepts, trade-offs and new opportunities with your Engineering partners
• Ensure that all new features are evaluated, tested and deployed according to your vision and quality standards
• Anticipate conflicting needs and dependencies, including inter-dependencies with other initiatives and product teams, and work proactively resolve them
• Define metrics and systems to track product performance, then use this data to evaluate and prioritize the roadmap
• Navigate and negotiate through complex business and technology relationships
• 10 years of product management experience with a demonstrated track record of successful integrations and CMS product execution
• Familiarity with enterprise-class content management systems, strategies and vendors
• Experience working within a media company is strongly desired, particularly with experience of digital video assets and metadata
• Mastery of the agile/iterative product development methodology
• Ability to adjust working hours to accommodate meetings in other time zones – particularly Europe.
• MBA or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Communications or equivalent
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent relationship-management with customers, peers, and executives
• Strong quantitative and qualitative skills
• Prior people management as this role may soon have direct reports.