Director Of Program Management Bvod
Full Time Job
Director - Programme Management - BVOD (Digital)
12 months fixed term
London - remote intitially
Unleash your potential in a place you belong
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive. Ready? This could be the start of something special.
At ViacomCBS, we have an iconic portfolio of brands, like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, and many more - but it's our employees that make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team.
Is this the role for you?
This position is responsible for the migration and release management activities within the BVOD line of business within ViacomCBS's Digital Streaming Services. Delivering projects that support the migration initiatives including 3rd Party Integrations, Analytics and Video workflows for our digital streaming products across Native, Web, Roku and Connect TV.
You'll be working with Product Management, Engineering, and Technical leadership to facilitate the adoption and execution of software products throughout the O&O group within ViacomCBS Digital Streaming Services and our brands.
The Director may directly oversee certain projects and operational (ops) activities, while supervising both Program Managers and Scrum Masters. He/she must be able to identify issues proactively, resolve escalated conflicts, and work across the organization to ensure smooth execution of his/her area's project and ops activities.
The person in this role also provides program-level release management support across multiple Agile technology teams in collaboration with the brands, ad sales, brand and corporate research, business development, content distribution, data strategy, and security.
What will you be doing?
• Responsible for the successful delivery and timeliness of projects and ops in the BVOD Line of business
• Leverage Scrum and other Agile approaches to facilitate cross-team delivery and empower teams
• Work with Product and Engineering management to reveal and manage dependencies
• Directly manage and mentor program management staff and conduct/contribute to performance evaluations, where appropriate
• Collaborate with Brand Stakeholders, Content Systems and Services Leads to create and propagate processes for tracking delivery across multiple projects and services
• Account for the accuracy of sizing and scope of individual projects or programs
• Ensure change control and risk mitigation processes are established and overseen
• Communicate project and ops information to executive management, directors, and other key personnel
• Coordinate participation of different technology and business groups in roadmap planning, requirements gathering, specifications, design, development and deployment of key projects and ops
• Collaborate with PMO Leads in setting up framework for cross- team communication, coordination of integration among components, and provide related governance
• Manage projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence and integrity of the release
• Work closely with Program Managers, and Project Managers to coordinate releases across multiple technology teams, from inception to delivery to consumer
• Coordinate release content and effort based on a request backlog and roadmap
• Plan and enforce strict, regular release cycles/integration windows for both the O&O and Shared Services team
• Collaborate with PMO Leadership to manage resource capacity of component team(s)
• Ensure all release communications and release notes are standardized and communicated
• Work with Engineering management to improve the software engineering processes associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software
• Work independently with Digital and ViacomCBS technology groups under guidance from PMO leadership
• Review and approve staff, contract, and freelancer timesheets (when applicable)
• Frequently interact with a diverse group of executives, managers, technology, and business sponsors
What are we looking for?
• Demonstrable years in release and/or program/project management
• Certified ScrumMaster certification (and other Agile certifications) very highly desirable
• Experience in Scaled Agile as a RTE is extremely desirable
• Ability to understand technologies applicable to assigned product or service area and facilitate resolution of technical needs as they arise
• Comfortable leading business and technology in vetting technical options
• Advanced knowledge of Scrum and other Agile frameworks and software engineering practices, as well as traditional project management approaches
• The drive and determination to personally see things through to completion
• Ability to create trust, and to motivate
• Having assembled and led great teams (with direct reports)
• Working with and managing cross functional resources and vendors
• Strong leadership skills
• Superb written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and meeting facilitation skills
• We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination
We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
Inclusivity & Collaboration
We Embrace new and divers voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges
Agility & Adaptability
We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next