Director, News & Scripted - Social
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
The Director's focus is to lead the social and digital strategy for News-focused programming at Comedy Central with a focus on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah.
Candidates should have experience developing engaging social and digital content plans for linear and digital franchises. A strong background in social community management, audience engagement and growth is essential. The ideal candidate can conceive of innovative year-round strategies that live collaboratively across video, social and interactive media.
This position is based at the Comedy Central headquarters and will work closely with the MTVE Franchise Social Strategy team as well as collaborate with Show Producers, Development, Editorial, Brand Social, Design, Digital Production, Marketing and Ad Sales departments, among others.
• Oversee execution of social content strategy and production for The Daily Show with Trevor Noah in collaboration with The Daily Show's head of digital
• Lead a creative team in a fast paced environment
• Craft and optimize efficient workflows for day-to-day production and delegate responsibilities
• Build and manage positive relationships with both internal and external partners
• Serve as liaison with show producers and internal departments
• Work with research team to identify and track analytics and apply takeaways to strategies
• Drive audience engagement, video views and growth by developing content
• Stay on top of developments within a competitive landscape
• Find opportunities to grow the business and build new revenue streams
• Min 6-8 years of digital strategy experience at a major commercial media, entertainment or creative brand
• Actively involved in social media, with a proven understanding of how to use social platforms to engage and build audience engagement
• Intimate familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, and Snapchat
• Strong knowledge of satire and political comedy, internet culture, trends and storytelling
• Strong work ethic and sense of ownership and responsibility over tasks within purview
• Excellent presentational skills and the ability to articulate vision to senior leadership and executives
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to be diplomatic, inventive and to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment
• High attention to detail and a determination for flawless execution
• A compassionate manager who can serve as a mentor to a hardworking team