Director, International General Accounting
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
Overview and Responsibilities
The International General Accounting team for ViacomCBS Networks International (VCNI) consolidates and manages key international corporate functions related to consolidation, internal financial reporting, foreign currency exposure, participations and residuals (royalties), asset impairment reviews, restructure, tax repatriations and related transactions, acquisitions, in addition to supporting our international businesses and their statutory requirements.
The Director, International General Accounting, will help ensure that reporting is prepared in compliance with all applicable policies, SEC requirements, US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley, and local statutory requirements. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our global partners, while communicating and translating financial data into valuable business information. This includes balance sheet and P&L analysis and reporting, revenue recognition, impairment assessments, residuals, participations and foreign currency review while supporting our international statutory audits. You will be reporting to the Senior Director, International.
Successful candidates for this role are detail-oriented, able to see the big picture, communicates exceptionally, balances getting the details right with moving fast, is a team player who is ready to interact with our diverse and global teams, takes initiative, follows through, and performs effective workload prioritization and time management.
This role will begin remotely and ultimately be located in our New York City office.
• Summarize and analyze balance sheet, P&L activity, and other financial information to peers and management clearly and concisely
• Prepare schedules for VCNI used for external/internal reporting (including revenue recognition, unbilled receivables, etc.)
• Perform impairment reviews on assets and summarize local submissions
• Responsible for various support initiatives to include foreign currency financial impacts and analysis, participations and residuals, bonus pay-out true-ups, etc.
• Assist Treasury and Tax on reoccurring cash repatriations, dividends and other transactions in converting the transactions into the appropriate legal entity accounting and coordinating the entries with local teams
• Partner with local audit teams to ensure compliance and timeliness
• Work with other individuals on cross-functional teams globally to identify issues and improve processes
• Ensure all key controls are in place and functioning properly in accordance with internal policies and procedures and Sarbanes Oxley rules and regulations
• Assist with ad hoc internal management requests
• Bachelor’s degree required, a focus in Accounting or Finance preferred
• CPA (or equivalent) or advanced degree in Accounting of Finance preferred, but not required
• 7 years related work experience
• Strong working knowledge of general accounting principles, concepts and processes
• Experience using HFM, Longview, SAP or similiar program, and advanced MS office features preferred
• Excellent analytical skills, with strong attention to detail, ability to able summarize and communicate findings at a high level
• Proven ability to perform effective work load prioritization and time management
• Great teammate with the ability effectively partner with colleagues across teams
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to be a self-starter, take initiative, follow through and keep up with professional knowledge
• Strong communication skills (oral, written & listening)
• Willingness and ability to working and participating in occasional meetings occurring during non-standard hours to allow direct communication with individuals overseas
• Potential minor international travel (up to 10%)