Director, Human Resources
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Human Resources (Finance) - ViacomCBS
Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking for a collaborative, strategic, customer-focused team member to provide Human Resources Business Partner support to the Finance Leaders imbedded within our Brands and Functions. This multifaceted role focuses on aligning HR priorities to meet the strategic objectives, and leveraging HR programs, policies and initiatives to deliver the best in class employee experience.
• Understand the business goals and assess alignment with the people strategy; make recommendations and develop plans to address gaps
• Develop a comprehensive, strategic people plan that aligns the HR levers to the accomplishment of the business initiatives
• Assess alignment of talent to the business needs, craft and implement fit for purpose talent management approaches that seek to increase bench strength, foster internal mobility, develop internal capability, and promote diversity and equity
• Accelerate new hire connection and contribution by working with hiring managers, staffing and the organization and people development team to facilitate onboarding and assimilation
• Design and deliver HR programs, processes and initiatives in ways that optimize the employee experience
• Support managers to create a culture of high performance, building goal setting and feedback capability by leveraging the performance management process
• Partner with Total Rewards on job evaluation process as related to promotions, salary adjustments, new positions, etc. Manage compensation cycle including merit, bonus and long-term incentive processes for client groups.
• Partner with management to resolve employee relation issues; provide mentor, coaching, counseling and guidance to management and staff; collaborate with legal counsel.
• Handle the exit Interview processes; determine any trends and take proactive approach to resolve future issues
• Analyze talent and workforce metrics, develop insights and design recommendations to address opportunities
• Continuously seek to improve HR processes and programs
• Work across the HR team on special projects
• Help advance Finance HR Priorities by creating strong internal relationships with center of excellence experts in areas as Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, HR Operations and Organization and People Development
• Up to 10 years of experience in Human Resources, including 5 years as an HR Business Partner and at least 2 years spent in a specialist group such as compensation, staffing or learning and development.
• College degree in HR, Business Administration, or related field, Masters preferred
• Certifications in assessment tools and or a professional HR association such as SHRM-SCP or SPHR is desirable
• Solid knowledge of employment law and best practice HR approaches
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; experience with an HRIS, Talent Analytics Platform, Org Charting tools and Collaboration tools such as Teams or SharePoint
• Demonstrated good judgment and ability to work autonomously
• Track record of operational excellence in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Strong project management skills
• A strategic doer; Credible advisor to leaders, able to coach and influence up, down and across
• Resourceful, flexible and adaptable, problem solver, solution-oriented
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.